Dithering .

Which is the best

• Cannondale CAAD9

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Koga Tiagra Flyer

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok the bike purchase is on .

After dithering for ages .And despite other postings

It's either .

Cannobdale Caad 9 63cm .Tiagra triple .

Koga Tiagra flyer 66cm .

Wheels are the same ,brakes same .

Caad9 v 7005 alu .

Cannondale from Edinburgh cycles .Koga from Cyclesense (Tadcaster)

Most of the components are the same .

Both cost same amount .Please give them a look over and vote .

It's just got to be the red bike, Postman! :wacko:

And maybe a throwback to your years on an old GPO delivery bike.

Seriously, though, I'd go for the Cannondale!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
The Caad 9 is review in the current issue of Cycle Active, got the highest marks for comfort.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
HJ thank you for that .And you also Dayvo.I have spent weeks looking at different bikes on here .Thank God for the internet .
So many to choose from but i am a big bloke and sizing is a problem .
But yesterday i found a review from a guy 6'7" 36.5" inside leg ,and the 63 fit him perfect .

Good enough for me .And when cyclists on here give it good write ups well that just tops it off .
A few more weeks and i'll have one .At last .My long awaited retiremant pressie to myself .:biggrin::blush::bicycle::smile::hyper:

I am also thinking about the Caad 9 105 compact, but the fella at Chelmer cycles advised not to unless I wanted to lose all my fillings (and I've got a lot to lose :blush:), but now HJ says that it scores highly for comfort! :smile:

Has anyone got one and can confirm the comfort level (or otherwise), PLEASE! :biggrin:

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Just checked the vote and it's top marks for the caad9 .And i bought the magazine this morning .I cannot go the extra £300for the 105 but i will notice a difference over my Old fav Dawes Galaxy .

I am awaitng a reply from Edinburgh cycles as to whether they can supply a red one .Or it's a trip to Evans at Castleford.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Dayvo said:
I am also thinking about the Caad 9 105 compact, but the fella at Chelmer cycles advised not to unless I wanted to lose all my fillings (and I've got a lot to lose :biggrin:), but now HJ says that it scores highly for comfort! :biggrin:

Has anyone got one and can confirm the comfort level (or otherwise), PLEASE! :biggrin:

Try taking one for a test ride... :biggrin:

Garz

Squat Member
I looked at the CAAD intensely last lbs visit and with a good groupset would definitely buy it!

bauldbairn

jamesxyz said:
:laugh:oh no - I can't decide!!!

+1, I like both - the Kogas a bit more unusual and the Cannondale's - well a Cannondale. There's a cigarette paper between them, ride them both - then decide. :biggrin:

raindog

er.....
It's true, they're both really nice looking bikes. I'd go for the Cannondale though - always liked the look of their frames.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
ribble have some good looking offers on their dedacciai (sp) frames at the moment with either shimano 105 or campag veloce.

i'd look at those, especially as they are cheaper than the cannondale and the frames are considered to be very good quality.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I ride a 2010 Canondale CAAD9 with a Tiagra Compact groupset (mine is stealth black not red). Its a lovely bike, they have a repuation for having stiff frames hence low comfort factor from what I've read when researching my purchase, but to me it feels much more comfortable than the more relaxed 105 equipped Trek price equivalents, which felt like toys in comparison on the test rides.

Its a very nice bike. But I ride fixed more often than I ride the CAAD9 so dont exactly have that many miles on it to give any real feedback. This may change in summer when I can get out into the country on the hills but, but atm fixed all the way!

Ride before you buy!

Top Bottom