DIY: Towers/Scaffolding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tin Pot

Guru
Hi All.

I’ve got one major piece of work and several minor bits to do above ground level on my house. Has anyone got experience hiring towers/scaffolding?

Is there another way?

I’m guessing I need about 3-4m elevation to get on to replace the rendering on the first floor extension. The roof looks too high an angle to sit on and work safely.

I’d like to buy the kit I need so I can reuse for other smaller bits of work but Screwfix says £1,199.

Cheers

TP

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
A mate of mine bought a scaffold tower from ebay that reached to just below the gutters of his two storey house, so a good 4m i'd guess. It only cost a couple of hundred quid, made to order from a seller in Stoke-on-trent. He saved a bit by going to collect rather than getting delivered. Maybe have a search for sellers close to you?

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
A mate of mine bought a scaffold tower from ebay that reached to just below the gutters of his two storey house, so a good 4m i'd guess. It only cost a couple of hundred quid, made to order from a seller in Stoke-on-trent. He saved a bit by going to collect rather than getting delivered. Maybe have a search for sellers close to you?
Hmm, good idea, these look good and ISO certified manufacturer.

https://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/Home-Master-DIY-Scaffold-Towers.html

OP
OP
Tin Pot

Tin Pot

Guru
I bought a small scaffold tower from BPS, to allow me to clean Motorhome and cut hedges, without using ladders. I am very pleased with the quality, and, it was, in my opinion, reasonably priced. The one I have is not tall enough to give 4metre working height, but, they do a variety of sizes. I have no connection to BPS, except as a customer.

https://www.laddersandscaffoldtowers.co.uk/acatalog/Home-Master-DIY-Scaffold-Towers.html
Hah, great minds...

Does it pack down quite small?

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Hah, great minds...

Does it pack down quite small?
stored size is stated in the product details... 2.10m x 0.66m x 0.20m for the 4 meter one

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
If you've got suitable access and don't need it very often you can hire a small cherry picker or scissor lift.

Much more comfortable to work from, and better if you're not especially good with heights/ladders

Slick

Guru
All of the domestic towers are terrible. Either hire a Boss, Youngman or similar, or get a scaff in.

Top Bottom