DIY workshop stand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Idle hands and all that ;)
Sunday at work...nothing much to do, so....
25mm mild steel box section, 30mm angle, assorted bits and bobs and a MIG welder :smile:...2 hours work maybe, and i got paid for the pleasure.
et voila...

DSC01950.jpg

DSC01951.jpg

At this stage youre probably thinking...'its too low'...'hows that going to work then'....

so....
DSC01953.jpg

DSC01954.jpg

I hope i havnt left a yard full of cr@p for everone to see :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
When are you selling them.....

Good job that... !

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
S'funny what you can learn fossy...
No previous experience of fabrication or welding till i came to this job. With the right gear, you can turn things out you would never have thought of.
Couple of years ago a friend broke part of his ornate gate catch, a real detailed bit..couldnt get another.
Give me the old bit and i'll make you one...t'was duly done.

:ohmy: 'fcuk off..he said, you havnt made that !!!! :ohmy:

I'm not sure to this day he believes me :biggrin:

Ive made motorbike trackstands, aquarium stands, repaired electric window mechanisms off cars, etc etc...and i'm not even qualified to do the job i do, let alone trained to do this :biggrin::biggrin:

ratty2k

gbb said:
S'funny what you can learn fossy...
No previous experience of fabrication or welding till i came to this job. With the right gear, you can turn things out you would never have thought of.
Couple of years ago a friend broke part of his ornate gate catch, a real detailed bit..couldnt get another.
Give me the old bit and i'll make you one...t'was duly done.

:ohmy: 'fcuk off..he said, you havnt made that !!!! :ohmy:

I'm not sure to this day he believes me :biggrin:

Ive made motorbike trackstands, aquarium stands, repaired electric window mechanisms off cars, etc etc...and i'm not even qualified to do the job i do, let alone trained to do this :biggrin::biggrin:

Hehehe, sound like my job that!!
Nice work on the stand, nowt better than a bit of proper DIY!

Top Bottom