Dizzy spell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I've taken one of the multivitamin pills for the last 3 mornings, and have noticed an immediate and major improvement. On Friday riding home from work I was :heat: and this morning riding to work I was :hyper:. From Saturday afternoon on, the dizziness has gone and my energy levels are heaps higher. My commuting time to work just now was about 10% shorter than my usual times for this year, and I wasn't even trying that hard. I barely noticed all those hills :smile:. After more exertion that usual (e.g. one of the hills), my breathing was softer than usual, and my heart rate fell faster.

Let's hope this is the start of better things to come. I have the Alpine Classic to do in just over a month, and I now feel more confident about riding in it.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I forgot to mention: my legs are aching far less than last week! :smile: It's a novel sensation, because my legs have been aching a lot for years, now. I think I know where some of those missing minerals and vitamins are going. I'm hoping that this will result in some increased muscle mass and strength in coming months, but I'll have to wait and see, I guess...

I forgot to mention: my legs are aching far less than last week! :smile: It's a novel sensation, because my legs have been aching a lot for years, now. I think I know where some of those missing minerals and vitamins are going. I'm hoping that this will result in some increased muscle mass and strength in coming months, but I'll have to wait and see, I guess...
It could be an indicator that you need to look at your diet more closely. It may be fine for someone not doing the level of exercise you are doing, but with the distance you cycle it does sound like you are not getting sufficient vits and minerals for your life style. This is the important bit, stuff the recommended daily allowances through the window, you are putting a higher demand on your body.

I will add that neither was I and my solution was also a one a day multi vit but I know that one of my medical conditions means my body does not get what it can from the food i eat.

Agreed, @SatNavSaysStraightOn : my longer-term plan is to improve my diet so that all the minerals and vitamins I'm currently getting from these supplements I'll instead be getting from what I eat. In the short-term, though, I'm amazed and happy at how much better I feel.
Good. I'm glad you are feeling so much better. It is surprising how much they can help and how quickly when your body needs them.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sorry for dragging this thread back up. But I have been doing daily monitoring of blood pressure at home and the results are quite interesting. GP lent me one of those machines

My blood pressure is normally a bit high. Typically this week it has been about 140/90. Historically I have always suffered from dizziness after a long ride such as when standing up after sitting for a while.
I did a couple of rides in the week. One was particularly strenuous. About 1 hour after that ride I took my blood pressure. 114/71

It seems logical that my dizziness must be related to lower blood pressure which in turn seems to be related to strenuous exercise. Not sure why strenuous exercise leads to temporary lowering of blood pressure though

arch684

Veteran
I to suffer from low blood pressure.Be careful I got up in the middle of the night to go to the loo and passed out.woke up with a broken nose and blood all over the floor.

Top Bottom