Do any 'celebrities' tour on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

Jamie Cullum and Gary Kemp out of Spandua Ballet recently said on "Something for the Weekend" they were keen cyclists - don't know if they qualify as real celeb's though as I'm not a fan of either of them. Kemp rides a Colnago C50 - there's pictures on Cycling Weekly's website!

bauldbairn

Darryl said:
I would say Eddie Iszard but it seems he forgot the bike and ran all the way instead

Cycling by "road works" on the pavement at the new hospital on Stirling Road, Falkirk several months ago. Two joggers in front of me - one was Mr Izzard on his charity run. ;)

Crankarm

Guru
Heard on R2 on the weekend from Robbie Williams himself that he is a regular cyclist 10 miles each way to a gym and back. Would have thought he could afford his own gym :wacko:. No inidcation of what bike he rides.

I believe Richard Madeley is a keen cyclist although only a spinner. Seem to remember Judy mentioning it a few years ago when she was becoming irritated with him.

No more news of SrAllan's cycling exploits since the DM article earlier in the year. Maybe he's given up.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Crankarm said:
Heard on R2 on the weekend from Robbie Williams himself that he is a regular cyclist 10 miles each way to a gym and back. Would have thought he could afford his own gym :wacko:. No inidcation of what bike he rides.

I think I saw an article about him buying a Bianchi.

bauldbairn

Garz said:
Yeah his marathon runs he's done I read about made the jaw drop, but good on him!

He wasn't going at a fast pace - but a marathon a day. :biggrin::becool::biggrin:

I liked Eddie Izzard anyway - but to do something so demanding on your time for charity. :wacko::thumbsup::wacko:

I was in shock for about 5 miles afterwards, thinking that was Eddie Izzard - that was - in Falkirk???????? I genuinely didn't know he was in Scotland at the time.

Darryl

Just read through this thread and a show starring Eddie Izzard and Dave Gorman with music by Kraftwek is one I would want tickets for just as long as Robbie Williams and Spandau Ballet don't join forces for a set

Darryl said:
Just read through this thread and a show starring Eddie Izzard and Dave Gorman with music by Kraftwek is one I would want tickets for just as long as Robbie Williams and Spandau Ballet don't join forces for a set

If only bill bailey rode a bike we'd almost be there (ref his sketch of kraftwerk doing the hokey cokey)...

Bandini

Paul Heaton doing cycling tour of Northern 'locals'! Brilliant. Great singer/songwriter - and cyclist! Had a few drunken conversations with him in Hull back in the day too - top bloke, who has just risen further in my esteem! http://www.thepublican.com/story.asp?sectioncode=7&storycode=66114

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
David Walliams, Jimmy Carr, Miranda Hart, Fearne Cotton and Davina McCall are going to be doing a relay JOGLE for sport relief.

They will be taking it in turns to ride the route, but are being followed by a luxury bus :evil:- travelling light I see :evil:

Full article here

Top Bottom