Do any 'celebrities' tour on bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

I believe David Byrne does... a little at least.

yello

That's the chap. He's well into cycling. I believe he's even written a book about his bicycle jaunts around various cities.

It's probably misleading to say he 'tours' on the bike though. He takes it with him and pootles about the place.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The comedian Dave Gorman does.
I think on his last tour he cycled from venue to venue, asking other cyclists to join him en route.
Sure I remember seeing something about it on here

Brains

Legendary Member
Taking anything other than a brompton on tour is near impossible.

As touring with a band on a 30 date tour is the same punishment on the luggage as 30 flights back to back (there is a reason bands tour using flight cases).

That said, the ubiquitous Brompton is a not uncommon site during the festival season and it has the advantage of fitting inside a small flight case or in the luggage area of a tourcouach

snorri

Legendary Member
ianrauk said:
The comedian Dave Gorman does.
I think on his last tour he cycled from venue to venue, asking other cyclists to join him en route.
Sure I remember seeing something about it on here
He did indeed, I went to his last but one show before he reached JoG.:biggrin:

Darryl

I would say Eddie Iszard but it seems he forgot the bike and ran all the way instead

Arch

Married to Night Train
ComedyPilot said:
I was thinking more on the lines of Tom Cruise going for a 2 week camping trip in the Mosel, rather than Iron Maiden taking a couple of folders to their next gig!

Wouldn't that be "Carbon-fibre with titanium seatpost Maiden", for lightness...

Crankarm

Guru
Nick Crane of Coast fame has been known to do a bit of cycle touring. Also the guy from Cold Play, Chris Martin?? is a fanatical cyclist apparently. Not sure if he tours though.

Ben Fogle and Adrian Chiles, didn't they do LeJog? Or was it Chiles and the footballer Alan Shearer. Can't remember.

Simon Calder travel journo for the Indie takes his Brompton with him when he flies or goes travelling.

Jon Snow, Jeremy Paxman.

Wiggo, Pendleton and most of team GB have done cycle touring.

Garz

Squat Member
Crankarm said:
Ben Fogle and Adrian Chiles, didn't they do LeJog? Or was it Chiles and the footballer Alan Shearer. Can't remember.

Chiles and Shearer cycled from Newcastle to London, not really a LeJog in my eyes! :thumbsup:

Crankarm

Guru
Crankarm said:

Garz said:
Chiles and Shearer cycled from Newcastle to London, not really a LeJog in my eyes! ;)

Blimey.......you've got good sight!

The clues to my uncertainty are in my use of ?, Or, and Can't remember.

Top Bottom