Do any of you lot.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham56

Guru
User76 said:
yeah, yeah

At least we don't fight each other, naked, with sleeping mates on our arms:ohmy:

Shows how hard you are.:blush:

graham56

Guru
User76 said:
Are you in training at the moment?

It's just that a couple of months ago, a gobby Geordie bloke came on trying to sell his bike, and then got all shirty when it was pointed out his bike was shit. He was telling us all he was going to be the hardest marine in the whole Navy and we should all watch ourselves:biggrin:

He got told off by our resident ex-mobsters, and hasn't been back since. Just wondered if you had come across him during your time at HMS Lymprist? Although, I imagine he's trused up in a gimpsuit in a footlocker somewhere by now;)
I remember that one Maggot, proper gobshyte,had me sh*t scared, he he. Very much doubt he would make it, probably ended up in crab air:biggrin:

Chrisz

Über Member
User76 said:
...get times when you feel really aggressive? I mean properly, like to the point that you feel like going to Weston Super Mare for a pint tonight, just because you know it will kick off with very little input?

I used to get like this when I was younger, and just recently the feelings are coming back!! Of course it doesn't help that I drink with 2 ex-Marines who are very similar.

I wonder if it's something to do with being pushed into a 'settled down' lifestyle, but we are really programmed to 'survive'. MrsUser76 thinks it's because I spent too long in the Army, but I was like it before, it's why I joined:blush:

Anyone????????

It's one of the main reasons I almost never go out on the beer (occasionally have two or three out but no more) - I know what I'm like sober - add beer and I am not nice:sad:

Generally I'm pretty calm and relaxed but I can always feel anger and rage bubbling just below the surface. Very, very occasionally (the last time was four years ago in Calais on my stag night) I let the lid off :laugh:

Thankfully my little girl helps keep me sane most of the time :blush:

montage

God Almighty
I'm not in training...had a "potential officers visit" which was essentially almost exactly the same as the selection - except no pass or fail. In otherwords, we got all the pain with no gain - was a brilliant insight though.

(And had it been a selection - I would have passed :blush: )

Confident (but not cocky) of a pass - bottom field definately took a bit of grit.
"you can't crack me, I'm a rubber duck" (cheers chris :laugh: )

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
agression is not the same as assertion and getting what you want. Fighting is a total last resort only to be used defensively when provoked beyond all reason. Going out looking for a fight is ...well..sad in my opinion.

I have NEVER lost my temper!

The last fight I had (except for a number lot of skirmishes in the front row of the scrum) was in 1974 when the school bully picked on me and I decked him with one punch.

I get more wound up the older I get, but haven't lost it yet (but I can relate to Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down').

I 'almost' go looking for an incident, just to tell someone that what they're doing (feet on seats on buses/trains, smoking in trains/buses etc.) is not acceptable.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Not at all aggressive in nature.

However, with a number of years Thai boxing, Jiu Jitsu and tackling drunks in pubs, I am more than equipped to defend myself.

Sort of also in Dayvo's camp, and will tell people exactly what I think of their bad behaviour and manners if the need warrants it.

Top Bottom