Do have to say..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I strongly suspect you're not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mondobongo

Über Member
What a transfer this would be Phil Ligget and Co to Eurosport for 5 hours+ coverage a day. Duffers and Kelly to ITV 3 absolutely fantastic he has 30 mins to talk about cheese.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
The Tour is very much in the last chance saloon. Any more drug busts and the sponsors, TV companies and public will say enough is enough and drift away. Most of the riders are almost complete nonentities as so many have been busted and kicked out. It is a crying shame when you think of all the household names back in the 80's. I hope the event and pro bike riding can clean up its act .

Me too!

Don't have a TV (personal choice) but managed to see Giro d'Italia via a link on the net. That link is no longer available, but am being lent a TV just for the Tour (and then for the Vuelta). :tongue:

OP
OP
Y

yenrod

Ludwig said:
The Tour is very much in the last chance saloon. Any more drug busts and the sponsors, TV companies and public will say enough is enough and drift away. Most of the riders are almost complete nonentities as so many have been busted and kicked out. It is a crying shame when you think of all the household names back in the 80's. I hope the event and pro bike riding can clean up its act .

If its like last year then...

Noodley

OK, the Tour has started.

Here's a quote:
"Some of our riders think nothing of doping. We cannot reproach strongly enough similar enough procedures, which run so counter to our idea of sport...our condemnation is aimed less at the riders who drug themselves than at the managers, and above all certain doctors..."

Which Tour does this quote come from? Given that there have been a few "I have given up on cycling because of recent doping" comments perhaps to find out this came from the Tour of...<no, go on have a guess> I'll give the answer if nobody has guessed by midnight or 5 guesses, whichever is first. And since this is not Cafe it'll probably be by midnight :evil:

Noodley

mondobongo said:

That would be correct, if the question was "Guess which year I was born?" :evil:
But not correct for the quote - I can see why you guessed it, so good guess!

Top Bottom