1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do have to say..

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by yenrod, 30 Jun 2008.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Am looking forward to the 2008 TdF ! :angry:

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I strongly suspect you're not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Sh4rkyBloke

Sh4rkyBloke Jaffa Cake monster

And then there were three... :smile::biggrin:

I keep seeing the Channel 4 advert for it and it ends with 'Coming Soon'... grrrr. :smile:

4. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

WTFs the TdF? :smile:

5. ComedyPilot

ComedyPilot Secret Lemonade Drinker

I have cleaned out my Sky+ box, ready for 5 hours a day of other people suffering. Then will burn it to DVD. Excellent.

6. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

can't wait. hope itv are doing coverage.

edit: they are!

7. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Well I hope to god it's on a higher bitrate this year, or I'll have to move the satellite dish and get the French coverage again, as I prefer not to have to pretend I'm watching a screen that's been smeared with oilthrough a sieve. What are ITV thinking of? They get the same feeds after all :ohmy:

8. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

What a transfer this would be Phil Ligget and Co to Eurosport for 5 hours+ coverage a day. Duffers and Kelly to ITV 3 absolutely fantastic he has 30 mins to talk about cheese.

9. Ludwig

Ludwig road stud

The Tour is very much in the last chance saloon. Any more drug busts and the sponsors, TV companies and public will say enough is enough and drift away. Most of the riders are almost complete nonentities as so many have been busted and kicked out. It is a crying shame when you think of all the household names back in the 80's. I hope the event and pro bike riding can clean up its act .

10. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Me too. ASO do do a good job, don't they.

Really know how to organise a top sporting event. I know they have their detractors, but they get the job done.

11. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Me too!

Don't have a TV (personal choice) but managed to see Giro d'Italia via a link on the net. That link is no longer available, but am being lent a TV just for the Tour (and then for the Vuelta). :tongue:

12. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

Incidentally, am I right in thinking that there are just two Brits - Cav and Millar - starting?

And they are both bloody foreigners anyway!

:biggrin:

13. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

If its like last year then...

14. andyoxon

andyoxon Veteran

Has Le Tour de Farce started then..? :evil:

15. Noodley

Noodley Guest

OK, the Tour has started.

Here's a quote:
    "Some of our riders think nothing of doping. We cannot reproach strongly enough similar enough procedures, which run so counter to our idea of sport...our condemnation is aimed less at the riders who drug themselves than at the managers, and above all certain doctors..."

Which Tour does this quote come from? Given that there have been a few "I have given up on cycling because of recent doping" comments perhaps to find out this came from the Tour of...<no, go on have a guess> I'll give the answer if nobody has guessed by midnight or 5 guesses, whichever is first. And since this is not Cafe it'll probably be by midnight :evil: