do i buy orbea or ribble road e bike?.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robotrobo

Im a very experienced old timer, and carnt make a decision for all my wisdom! on which e road bike to buy in the next week or so!,
Will thoes who have any experience on the subject, point me in the right move.
i have the money, just need a push or shove.
thankyou.

vickster

Legendary Member
Go try them out :okay:

there are long threads on each in the bike section too

NickWi

Guru
I've had an Orbea Gain for over 18months and followed several forums about them since. Personally I'm very happy with my Gain and reading the said forums there are very few genuine complaints about them. As Orbea and Ribble use the same system I wouldn't expect to hear anything different about Ribble, so it really comes down to the spec of the bike you want, what you're looking for, your relationship with your LBS and of course price. I don't know that deals are about now, but a couple of months ago there were some very good Orbea deals being kicked around the internet as dealers sold off thier 2019 models. Either way, just remember that the X35 Ebikemotion systems both use is power asssit rather than power you up the hills type of motor.

Have a look under the Electric Bikes section for more opinions on the Gain. We're currently up to 50 pages on the main thread!

OP
OP
R

robotrobo

I've had an Orbea Gain for over 18months and followed several forums about them since. Personally I'm very happy with my Gain and reading the said forums there are very few genuine complaints about them. As Orbea and Ribble use the same system I wouldn't expect to hear anything different about Ribble, so it really comes down to the spec of the bike you want, what you're looking for, your relationship with your LBS and of course price. I don't know that deals are about now, but a couple of months ago there were some very good Orbea deals being kicked around the internet as dealers sold off thier 2019 models. Either way, just remember that the X35 Ebikemotion systems both use is power asssit rather than power you up the hills type of motor.

Have a look under the Electric Bikes section for more opinions on the Gain. We're currently up to 50 pages on the main thread!
Thankyou Nick for your knowledge and experience of the e bikes

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/
The latter might be useful. They are clearly very knowledgeable. For instance kalkhoff ebike are very highly rated but it appears the battery management system are not always the best.
I have a kalkhoff with the biggest battery available I get about 45miles out of it but I only use it for pulling a trailer. Most of the time full of firewood. So that 45 miles isn't bad.
The rules appear to be front wheel motor very inefficient, rear wheel far better and better still is the Bosch motor running through the bottom bracket. Personally I don't like ebikes but they are very practical when comes to pulling a heavy trailer, very very very practical. Assuming you are looking at leisure cycling the kalkhoff bikes tend to be head up arse down ie you get to look around and enjoy the scenery.
They (kalkhoff) certainly supply a lot of choice. The dealer used to be 50 cycles but i believe there are now multiple dealers around.

Top Bottom