Do I need a microwave?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My biggest regret is replacing my ancient Brother combi-microwave. It did amazing crispy baked potatoes. The new modern one is rubbish.

I definitely need a microwave given that I live on ready meals! :laugh:
Can't help but ask why you got rid of the old one? Fashion change?
Don't have a microwave, don't eat ready meals at all, appreciate that they are handy for certain things when i use them visiting folk. Baked potatoes etc.
When i get one it will be a combi, or are they mostly combi ones these days anyway?

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Cheers guys - this subject turned out to be more popular than I'd expected :tongue:

I do worry about you
You're not alone in that..

I'm lucky if a microwave lasts 5 years before it rusts through, the door catch breaks or an electronic component just stops working.
Indeed - that's one of the reasons I'm inclined to keep it since modern stuff is apparently built to fail after about 10 minutes :sad:

When i first moved out of the family i so wanted a microwave :sad:
If you can promise it a good home I can probably supply you a period correct item to ease that void that's been plaguing you ever since ;)

@wafter I think the question you need to be asking here is 'Do I need a Television' for which the correct response is 'No'. That simple act will make you a legend among CC members and raise you 'Like' count to stratospheric....
lol - already don't have a telly; that was an easy one :laugh:

Might have to resort to @Drago's Nigella suggestion though..

That tumble drier looks immaculate!
That's just an image I found on the net... mine's not that minty but is surprisingly good for a 30+yr old appliance :smile:

Last edited:

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
My biggest regret is replacing my ancient Brother combi-microwave. It did amazing crispy baked potatoes. The new modern one is rubbish.

I definitely need a microwave given that I live on ready meals! :laugh:
:laugh: I had one of those, bought specifically to do jacket potatoes. From memory in 1984 I paid about £230 and my take home pay was about £700, so it was quite a chunk from that. I do like baked pots though and it paid for itself several times over. Did great cakes aswell. It was still going strong when it was stolen in the 2000's (and probably still is).

Top Bottom