Do not try this at home!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amnesia

Free-wheeling into oblivion...
That is nuts :biggrin:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I feel inspired. I'm going to put my rubber pants on and stick some knitting needles in the wall socket.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
How is the music generated :biggrin: ?

When at school I had a party trick. Stand on plastic bucket. Connect me to Van de Graaf generator. Have Bunsen burner nearby with gas flowing. Strike a spark from finger to Bunsen burner and light the flame. Magic :biggrin: :smile:

All good fun! But also very practical. Check out this video from the same site. Just as scary, but this time it's deadly (? is that the right word?) serious, the white suit which the worker is wearing functions as a Faraday cage. Don't watch if you suffer from vertigo!

rh100

Cool vid's

Pete - there was a bit about these guys on the recent Richard Hammond series, the one about hidden worlds or something, the 'copter pilots must be good.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
twentysix by twentyfive said:
How is the music generated :ohmy: ?

When at school I had a party trick. Stand on plastic bucket. Connect me to Van de Graaf generator. Have Bunsen burner nearby with gas flowing. Strike a spark from finger to Bunsen burner and light the flame. Magic :smile: :biggrin:

Boring :smile:

I used to get a class of thirty kids to form a circle and hold hands, make a break in the 'circuit' and bridge it with an induction coil. I'd count down from five but switch it on at four or three and watch them almost do back flips until.....

One day for no particular reason I asked for the very first time: "Does anyone here have a pacemaker?" and a girl put up her hand. I let her in on the secret of the count down, put her in charge and made it the last time that I did that particular trick.

The Health and Safety gestapo was flexing its muscles at the time and lots of 'interesting things' stopped being performed as unemployment was a very real prospect if they caught wind of something being performed that was not on their rather short approved list of 'uninteresting things' to do in a lab.

Ammonium tr-iodide - how I miss the concussive effects of your detonations of broad bean sized lumps :sad:

Top Bottom