Do the Great North Bike ride anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Anyone enjoy the GNR on sunday?
Seahouses to Tynemouth..perfect weather, nice route (dodgy signposting though) We only had one 15 min stop as my Bro is a toon fan and wanted to get back for the boro-toon match arrrived tynemouth 12.30 ave 16.4 not bad for slicked MTB's...only 2 other MTbs in front of us lots of roadies ( lots of who 'cheated' by using road section shortcuts)..not that its a race of course...rush for 1pm ferry to S.Shields in house Cleadon 1.20 well whacked but happy
Back next year defo:smile:

If you were there show us yours then:tongue:

http://www.marathon-photos.com/mara...K/2007 Sports/Great North Bike Ride;match=438

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
No, I didn't even though I live in Tynemouth - you should have popped in for a cuppa, Gary! Our club used to make it nice 100 miler by riding out from Newcastle at about 6am to the start though no one seemed bothered this year (or last year) unfortunately. Had a great ride on Monday though, even got slightly sunburned...

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Well theres always next year FM;) I doubt I could manage a 100miler to the start as well though :sad:...mind you the conditions were perfect this and last year..sunny fresh moderate tail wind so....statistically next year it'll be in a south-easterly rainstorm which may scupper plans to take it easy for a change, catch some rays and the Northumberland scenery
This is the third offically 'leisure ride event' where we have 'bombed it' like kids...time to grow up...hmmm now would they allow me to participate with a one-year old in a carrier- that would slow me down....! :smile:;)

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
This is mine from last year- I'm surprised its still around!

And our piccys are still on the website- thats me in the blue- this year i used a slicked GT avalanche 0.0

Top Bottom