Do three year olds need passports for internal flights?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
I didn't think anyone needed a passport for an internal flight?

Children under 16 on internal flights within UK does not require photo ID or even an ID as long as they are travelling with an adult. The adult becomes a proxy.

Tim Hall

Children under 16 on internal flights within UK does not require photo ID or even an ID as long as they are travelling with an adult. The adult becomes a proxy.
But note that adults do need photo ID for domestic flights (kind of implicit in Arrowfoot's reply).

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Might be an idea to ring easyjet, just to clarify and have them email you the answer.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
EasyJet, Yes
Easyjet no, surely?

"Children under the age of 16 travelling on domestic flights in the UK, France, Spain and Portugal are not required to provide identification if accompanied by an adult who can vouch for the child’s identity."

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Mind you, if I had my way I'd ban all children from all flights unless they are in a sound-proof container in the hold ...

Ganymede

Veteran
I have flown from Heathrow to Edinburgh just on my driver's licence - last summer. Felt a bit of a plonker as I had actually just forgotten to take my passport. This was with Virgin "Little Red" but the security is all done by BAA.

Top Bottom