Do u listen to Music when riding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Totally dangerous in my opinion, and not fair on other road users when we expect then to watch out for us but don't listen out for them. I think that your hearing is just as important as your sight while cycling. How many times do we have to turn our heads away from the wind to listen out for that approaching vehicle or a barking dangerous dog for example?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Totally dangerous in my opinion, and not fair on other road users when we expect then to watch out for us but don't listen out for them. I think that your hearing is just as important as your sight while cycling. How many times do we have to turn our heads away from the wind to listen out for that approaching vehicle or a barking dangerous dog for example?
Is it unfair that all motor vehicles have radios then? And windows too as that blocks the sound of cyclists puffing up the inside :biggrin:

Col5632

Guru
I pretty much always listen to music but never too loud that i cant hear whats going on and if need be ill cycle with only one ear plug in ;)

Camrider

Most of my riding is rural and one of the joys of that is to enjoy the sounds of the countryside and music would wreck that. I also like ample warning that a boy racer or tractor is approaching round the next blind bend.

In town you need all your senses so its a big no no for me. Do seem to see more people cycling round Cambridge with big noise canceling cans wrapped round their ears who must be totally oblivious to much that is going on around them.

Nihal

Veteran
I havent tried it yet, might give it a go on a non-road route though. When i tried to run with music on i cant pace myself and run too fast, to the point of being sick xx( Im a bit more worried that id make me ride aggressively and take risks i shouldnt, more than the lack of hearing.

Maybe i should ride and listen to whale song or something. :smile:
But is'nt running with earphones ucomfortable,i've tried it a few times and it falls down after every few hundredmeters:scratch:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
But is'nt running with earphones ucomfortable,i've tried it a few times and it falls down after every few hundredmeters:scratch:
Yeah, some earphones stay in better than others, mine fell out every mile or so I gave up with music.

Im a bit more worried that id make me ride aggressively and take risks i shouldnt, more than the lack of hearing.

That does sort of happen a lot, while mountain biking I have found myself attempting to ride as fast as the beat seems to push instead of how fast the trail will allow.

Also, sometimes, as I approach home from either a run or a ride, beginning to slow down to spin out the last mile a track will come on that I just can't resist and I'll find myself sprinting home. ^_^

Nihal

Veteran
Thankfully the 'scud' in question turned out to be little more than a loud rocket noise in one headphone... but by the time I realised it wasn't a real missile... I was on my knees covering my head with my hands... in a busy shopping centre. :ohmy:
So Saddam's ghosts were'nt after you?????:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom