Do we all aspire to a better spec bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deanno1dad

Über Member
Just wondered about what is the general concensus regarding aspirations and working up to the dream bike.

My scenario is about 6 years ago I purchased a Giant Hardtail to get fit £200 ish..It did the trick and 3 years later I noticed my road riding was more a love and went for a Scott Hybrid £600 ish but got a good part ex on the first bike.
Then the scenario of Road bike envy kicked in..Now have a GT roadie £800 ish and sold the hybrid to fund it.

The question is when do we all stop...In 2 years time I know i've always wanted a nice spec carbon frame bike,I also know my wife will moan and call me mad for trading up..but for a long term hobby I yearn for that better bike..anyone else have a bike envy thing going on?

I like to get my use out of something first before renewing, that said if somebody offered me n+1 I wouldn't turn it down ;)

Doc333

Knight Of The Realm & All Around Good Guy
I'm new to road cycling and still finding my way, but I would bet that most cyclists would like to have their dream bike whatever that may be and the old original bike they started on as a kid and have it refurbed.

I can only speak from experience of cars and have gone upwards ever since starting to learn I think I'm round about where i'm ever going to get as I have no intrest in Farrari :becool:

VamP

Banned
No, im reasonably content.

You bloody well ought to be :laugh:

Edited to add: I am really happy with the bikes I have, but could do with adding a few.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have a 2011 Giant Defy 2 and I love it. I have had a look at upgrading and wouldn't mind a Defy 1 composite but I am not desperate to have one. Its lighter so I could go further but if I shifted a stone or so, I could go just as fast on my Defy 2. I reckon the stone shifting is the cheaper option so I'll do that.

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
This year I was riding my steel road bike valued at £60. I then got a carrerra for about £400, only 3 month later I traded it in and got a carbon cube road bike. I now want to upgrade with more carbon parts, I'm sure at some point I'll want a better one never actually being happy with what I've got.

Top Bottom