Do we ever really grow up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

Inside my head I am still 17 I look in the mirror and it lies at me...do we ever grow up inside, or is it just our outward behaviours that change?

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
We must have bought our mirrors from the same place ;)

The camera never lies! 17 or 47, it's the same thing; just a little greyer round the edges (and thinner round the temples). And NOT fatter around the waistline, thanks to cycling, and not playing rugby anymore (and downing far too many beers afterwards anymore). ;)

postman

Legendary Member
A couple of weeks ago.On one of our weekday rides my mate took his new camera.A treat from his redundancy money.So there i am walking on the beach at Spurn Point. When with his telephoto lens. Snap ,snap a couple of long distance shots.My word i am an old man.Fat face grey hair and a paunch.I will try to put the photo up later.What a shock i got .

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
postman said:
A couple of weeks ago.On one of our weekday rides my mate took his new camera.A treat from his redundancy money.So there i am walking on the beach at Spurn Point. When with his telephoto lens. Snap ,snap a couple of long distance shots.My word i am an old man.Fat face grey hair and a paunch.I will try to put the photo up later.What a shock i got .

Sounds like you'll need to get that Post Round done much quicker to get that paunch under control....;)

domtyler

Über Member
I am amazed at how much I am on the same wavelength as my 10 month old daughter, just know exactly where she is coming from! Scary.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I'm 45. Recently my 14yr old asked her mum to have a word with me, to the effect of could I please stop bounding into the room playing air guitar when her mates are round.... ;);) I don't think I'll ever really grow up! :laugh::smile:

ash68

never grow up ,it's the beginning of the end IMO.I'm 39, still laugh when someone farts, still tell stupid jokes,still take the piss out of workmates,family and friends, and get it all back with interest.We're all kids at heart, some of us admit to it,some try to be grown up and mature.It's more fun being immature and childish though;)

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I think I must be getting old because a few days ago I boarded a bus and a young teenage girl offered her seat to me. I'm only 34 ;) ;) :smile: Most upsetting.

Top Bottom