Do you enjoy your job?

Do You enjoy your job?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
So do you?

Me? I love my job, hate the company I work for, unfortunately I sit next to the two owners and can't escape! If I could do my role from home I would be as happy as a pig in sh*t!!

Yes!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Bit of a tough one really,i work with Porsche's all day so i don't hate the job,my work mates are a good laugh and we have some seriously good banter (it's the law in the motor trade ! ) but would rather be doing something else with the family like cycling,touring or just taking/picking the kids up from school.So i would say like work but there again i don't like it getting in the way of fun !!!

longers

Legendary Member
Cor, I love thinking about work on a saturday night. Cheers Wigsie ;)

But yes I do, mostly.

darkstar

I put hate my job, love my workmates. I'm working night in a warehouse during the break from uni, good money but dreadfully boring job. Working with me best mate though, so not so bad... The rest of the people are generally quite nice, 80% foreign though so conversation is tough.

rusky

CC Addict
sticky sherbert said:
love the boss, hate myself

Self employed?:biggrin:

C

chillyuk

I love it. Go to bed when I like, get up when I like. Go out on my bike whenever the mood takes me, or go fishing (often carrying my gear in a cycle trailer). Jump on buses and go all over the place seeing new places. By heck, it's hard work being retired.

gbb

Legendary Member
Absolutely love what i do (maintenance engineer), loads of variety and responsibility.
But...hate the compay with a vengeance. Its the kind of company which was very successful and paid extremely well, but work you very hard. The supermarkets have eaten it all away and i'm now working 6 days a week around 10 hours a day, no more overtime, no more generous annual bonus...and lots of hard hard work.
The only benefits left are a good contribution to my pension, health cover and travel insurance, which only really benefits me to the tune of maybe £100 PA (i have to have it anyway)
Even the good side of international travel has been spoiled by them insisting its all got to be done in mimimum time and travel at weekends.

Funnily enough, i was thinking of starting a thread. I'm exhausted :biggrin:
Went to bed at 6pm, just plain knackered.
Hardly any time or energy to cycle beyond commuting, i'm at a stage where if something (another job)comes along, i'll take it.

Fkit.....i'm feeling down just posting this. Freekin supermarkets...barstewards. They eat the heart out of any business...then move on.

longers

Legendary Member
gbb said:
Hardly any time or energy to cycle beyond commuting, i'm at a stage where if something (another job)comes along, i'll take it.

I've had a few periods like that this last year or two but yours sounds much worse and consistently like that. Are you actively looking for something else?

Hope there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not that bugger with the torch again.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
chillyuk said:
I love it. Go to bed when I like, get up when I like. Go out on my bike whenever the mood takes me, or go fishing (often carrying my gear in a cycle trailer). Jump on buses and go all over the place seeing new places. By heck, it's hard work being retired.

Flaunting the ability to do what you like, when you like and for the time you like could possibly be regarded as gloating, self-satisfied, and smug. It's brilliant this retirement lark:biggrin:

Top Bottom