Do you rate this and anyone have one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've never had a Boardman but as far as I'm aware they're greatly reviewed, one of the reason you are getting a good spec for your money. If I was paying that money though I'd consider drop bar. IMO drops present more advantages, just check out this thread for more opinions. If its flat bar you want though I can't see much wrong with the bike, the only slight drawback is you have to deal with Hellfrauds.

GrasB

Veteran
The hybrid line is good. The geom is kind of aggressive which makes it fast & nimble & you get a fair amount of bike for the money. I have a Pro Ltd & I like it a lot, fast to ride, not to harsh & strong plus you can get full length guards on it if you're creative enough.

Harbornite

A quick search of these forums will reveal that these bikes come well recommended.

I have a Pro & can't fault it :biggrin:.

IMHO the Pro represents the best value in the Boardman Hybrid range.

bauldbairn

Harbornite said:
A quick search of these forums will reveal that these bikes come well recommended.

I have a Pro & can't fault it :smile:.

IMHO the Pro represents the best value in the Boardman Hybrid range.

+1. :blush:

I've got one too!! :smile:

There's some pics on my profile album. I think the finishing kit is good quality - SRAM,Truvativ,Avid(all SRAM Corp) and Ritchey.

I couldn't decide between the "Comp" or the "Pro" but went for the "Pro" because it had higher quality components - Ritchey Wheels and Elixir brakes and I liked the colour.

I'd originally thought about drops but I wanted hydraulic brakes. I then thought about the amount of time I spent on the drops on my last bike(which I rode for 12 years) - not a lot - and decided on flat bar model. The positioning is quite aggresive - very racebike-esk!!!
There are plenty of positions for your hands to relieve the monotony - I find I ride naturally quite a lot on the bar-ends, probably the flatbar equivilant of "the hoods."

As others have said the only downside is dealing with Halfords - but you could buy on line? :biggrin:
The Halfords in Cumbernauld, Wardpark, has all models in stock if your in a hurry - and you can take it away if you build it yourself. The H'fords in Central Retail Park, Falkirk - don't stock Boardmans(not a Bike Hut) but can get you any CB you want and are quite knowledgable/cyclists - they have one large "CB Hybrid Comp Demonstrator" in store you can ride(an older original model - slightly different wheels).

Good luck!!!! :biggrin:

Top Bottom