Do you think I'll make it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK Plax, you'd better find a route that's wind-assisted and downhill for Sunday!!
Failing that, I predict a few centuries in late December...:biggrin:

Bayerd

Über Member
Plax, you mentioned lacking motivation to make a longer ride after work when knackered, what about doing the longer ride on the way in when fresh?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Go for it ... but don't beat yourself up if you don't make it. I'm still on to get to my 3000 only 115 miles to go. What about going out at lunch time for either an amble to to get some shopping/run an errand (no idea whether you are near some shops or not). You won't manage many miles at lunch time but it might nibble away at that total.

J4CKO

Why set an arbitary mileage target, just endeavour to use the bike whenever it is appropriate, I cant imagine car drivers set targets like that !

I do 14 miles a day, occasionally extend but generally though I enjoy it, its transport, the quickest route between two points with a byproduct of exercise. I wouldnt just do loads of extra mileage for the sake of it on the commute, sometimes your annual mileage is just down to how far you have needed to travel !

Anyway, its like when I sit uon the train, filling crosswords and Suduko in very quickly like a genius, nobody ever checks it :laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well did you manage any extra miles today? As Dustystreet says: why not have 2750 as you new target with 3000 as your aspirational target (you can tell I've got a kid who was given her expected and aspirational grades this week can't you - all the same grade - I doubt she is equally good at all subjects).

OP
OP
Plax

Plax

Guru
No extra miles today. My tooth ache meant a trip to the Dentist which is just over a 60 mile round trip in the car. Unfortunately I had to go back to work otherwise it would have been tempting to cycle there. Thankfully my filling free existence is to remain as is so far and I have a gum infection where my wisdom tooth is coming through, so been prescribed a course of penicillin.

2750 should be a realistic target, I was thinking about doing then and then making it 3000 next year. The sadist in me is still going to aim for the 3000 though!

J4CKO - I like to set myself a challenge and try and clock up as many miles as possible. I'm a mileage junkie :tongue:

Top Bottom