Do You Think This Gentleman Has Republican Sympathies?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Phoebus

She might think it's a cord to summon the Butler? :rolleyes:

Oh good lord! Do you think he did it deliberately?

Reminds me of a story told by one of my scots colleagues when he attended a wedding. There was a photo being set up with the lads, all sitting down in a row in their kilts. Just as the photographer pressed the shutter on his camera, an unfortunate gust of wind blew the fronts of the kilts up in the air. In the resulting photograph everyone's smiling faces were obscured by wafting tartan whilst their nether regions were visible to all. Apparently the picture didn't make the internet. Pity.

When I worked for a local paper on a student job, willy removal was dealt with by the sports editor. Team photographs of lads in shorts often exposed (often with the activive assistance of the owner) dangling bits. Several eagle eyed women would buy the first copies of the paper, scrutinise it with a magnifying glass, and telephone the editor to complain. So, the sports editor had to carefully check each picture and make any necessary deletions.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Don't soldiers stand to attention for their Queen any more? I don't know - standards are slipping everywhere..............

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Kirstie said:
Oh good lord! Do you think he did it deliberately?

Reminds me of a story told by one of my scots colleagues when he attended a wedding. There was a photo being set up with the lads, all sitting down in a row in their kilts. Just as the photographer pressed the shutter on his camera, an unfortunate gust of wind blew the fronts of the kilts up in the air. In the resulting photograph everyone's smiling faces were obscured by wafting tartan whilst their nether regions were visible to all. Apparently the picture didn't make the internet. Pity.

Come on Kirstie what do you mean Apparently? Don't keep that pic for yourself. Share with the other lassies

Not quite the same, but in 1975 the Queen was being introduced to the Australian cricket team during a break in play at the Lord's test.
On meeting big Max Walker and finding out that he was from Tasmania, she said that 'it is a bit hot there, isn't it', to which he replied 'yeah, fukcing right it is! :rolleyes:

Ben

I met a bloke in the Army who was introduced to the the Queen. She asked him,

"Well Corporal, how do you like the Army?"

He replied,

"Well Ma'am - it's sh*te"

And to her credit (and before he got doubled away to jail) she just said,

"Well I hope it gets better for you soon."

But I'm sure she's heard every sort of conceivable answer to the same set of questions over the last 50-odd years so let's face it - nothing she hears is going to faze her nowadays.

Sabreur

Michael Bentine told the story ofa vist by HM and Philip to a country show in Oz where one of the competitors was a champion woodcutter.

HM asked how much wood he could chop in an hour and got the reply "about a F***ing ton!"

Philip apparently said "Steady on old man!" and got the reply "alright, Half a F***ing ton!"

rikki

Legendary Member
He's obviously been issued with one of those experimental lightweight sporrans, which are not yet approved for parade use.

Carbon fibre or titanium?

Perhaps he could put some lead in his sporran.

Top Bottom