Do you think...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

That our mass exodus from the 2.2 milion pound white elephant (sorry Arch) that is bikecrapdar is gonna get a mention in the next issue of C+, or like most staff care surveys, no matter how bad you make your job sound to management, they always manage to paint a wonderful picture which portrays everyone as a happy bunny :blush:

Or will they just ignore the whole thing?

I doubt it.

Over the last few editions they seem to have been trying hard to keep away from anything contentious.

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I think that at most there might be a throwaway line about a "disgruntled minority" or something, but you're right in that they're never going to admit that the whole thing was a fundamentally bad idea.

Do you remember when British Airways took the Union Jack off the tails of the planes and substituted some silly graffitti? Everybody knew from the word go that it was a crap idea and they should have put the Union Jacks back but the management waited a long time and of course they couldn't go back to the old Union Jacks they had to get a new wobbly one. That's the way it works.

frog

I doubt if we'll get a mention. When you control the news why would you want to reort a failure?

Not all the C+ readers own a PC and even those who do might not look at the web site. It's not like all of us have put a verbal two fingers up at them and stormed off. All they have to say is their now combined web sites have a total membership of XXXX. Against that AFC and Cycle Chat look pretty feeble. It's numbers which sway people who only want their news in byte sized pieces- they'll never be bothered to look at the detail behind it.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Well I know where I'd rather be right now, and it's NOT in that other place. I don't think I have mentioned this before, and apologise for any offence my ommision may have caused to pre existing Members, But hello to you all, thanks for being here and sorry if our sudden arrival has caught you on the back foot, no offence intended, Just thanks for being here for us! :blush:

graham56

Guru
"Rebranding" a waste of time and money, we`ve seen it happen time and time again in this country. When will they learn? If it`s not broken -no need to try and fix it. I think Future have really dropped a b0ll0ck.[/b]

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

graham56 said:
"Rebranding" a waste of time and money, we`ve seen it happen time and time again in this country. When will they learn? If it`s not broken -no need to try and fix it. I think Future have really dropped a b0ll0ck.[/b]

Cor, Not Arf! But I don't suppose they give a stuff!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

I will continue to receive my copies as Mrs F kindly subscribed as part of my Crimbo pressie, But I won't be renewing it, we've been sold down the river, they'll regret it one day <insert manic laughter here> So will keep an eye out, but I bet it doesn't get more than a bye line, if at all.

Gavin Gilbert

It will settle down over there but it won't be the same as C+, but then the C+ we have lost is a shadow of what it used to be.

I cancelled my subscription to the mag during the ljerams and SimonL2 bannings, and to be honest it's a few quid saved on something I only half read. I only really the Hilary Stone at Roger St Pierre articles, cycling news I can get on Pez and kit reviews I can research on the net. Rides in a part of the country I'm never going to visit or being told how to clean my chain I don't need.

SamNichols

I'm not convinced we got sold up the river as such, it's their forum - they run and own it, if they want to ruin it, then they can - we can move and camp elsewhere, it's them who lose their word of mouth (lets face it, whilst we all used to say to friends: 'go to cycling plus', we won't be suggesting they go to bike radar). The mag itself, I think is pretty good, but I'm a relative noob - it is far better than cycling weekly, which reads like a parish newsletter. I like knowing the stuff about improving technique, the kit reviews and the news/letters (it seems that it's aimed at those who aren't necessarily experts).

Oh, and thanks to cycle chat for giving all of us refugees a new home, we hope that we'll brighten up the place and won't change it irreversibly.

ChrisKH

Guru
I never really got into the whole acf defection debate and to this day I'm not sure why it happened. I do remember reading a couple of posts which alluded to the loose sexual practices and group sex sessions of those who went over 'to the dark side'.

If we're lucky C + will make the same sort of references; we're all devil worshippers :blush: or ride fixed. :rolleyes:

Cab

ChrisKH said:
I never really got into the whole acf defection debate and to this day I'm not sure why it happened. I do remember reading a couple of posts which alluded to the loose sexual practices and group sex sessions of those who went over 'to the dark side'.

If we're lucky C + will make the same sort of references; we're all devil worshippers :blush: or ride fixed. :rolleyes:

When was the acf defection thing? I don't know whether it was before I was a member of the board, but I'm sure it was before I was a regular contributor.

Its the nature of a successful board that other boards tend to spring up around it. Sometimes they do well, sometimes they do badly. Sometimes, with some work, relations between the boards remains cordial, even constructive. The defection here from bikeradar seems quite different to anything I've seen before though; I've never seen a board simply ripped up and dumped elsewhere making this kind of mess. Its a cleaner break than usual. And thats probably a very good thing.

Top Bottom