Do You Volunteer?

Which organisation do you volunteer for?

• Air Training Corps

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Army Cadet Force

• Sea Cadet Corps

• Scouting

• Red Cross/St.Johns Ambulance

• Other

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Leiutenant in the 1st Hythe Company of the Boy's Brigade. South West Hampshire Battalion.
Sound Engineer for Cornerstone (Hythe United Reformed Church).
Helper in youthclub at the above church.
All this takes up three nights of the week and Sunday morning which leaves me little time to get out on the bike. I do cycle to and from the church though which comes to nearly three miles a night. Not a lot I know but it adds up to about twelve miles a week:smile:.

Greedo

I used to read for the blind. Moved from the city centre so it wasn't so easy to pop in on the way home and do it. Would like to get back into it but they've moved office and don't have a number to contact them. Will need to do some digging about.

Globalti

Legendary Member
How does one get into that? You could catch up on a good book and give somebody else the benefit at the same time.

Greedo

They came into BT when I worked there looking for volunteers. I did, as losing my sight is my biggest fear and really enjoyed it. All you do is a test to make sure you're not thick or got a monotone voice that will send people to sleep.

They give you a list of 20 words to make sure you can read with some thrown in to trip you up like Corps. If you said Corpse, you're not doing it and if you said "core" you are

Saying that though some of the stuff is really boring, DHSS leaflets, medical leaflets etc... Sometimes you got something really good to read like a an autobiography etc... All worthwhile though and made you feel good.

Rigid Raider said:
How does one get into that? You could catch up on a good book and give somebody else the benefit at the same time.

Top Bottom