Do your Parents Still Buy You a Birthday Present?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kovu

Über Member
Fnaar said:
or 4-dimensional... the time to ride it :laugh:

You can buy that as a present these days then? :rolleyes:

Greedo

I always get something to wear from M&S plus a card. Have told them to stop doing it but my Mum insists as her choices are very hit an miss.

Don't know how much they spend but I would be happier with a £10 bottle of wine tbh.

Hugo15

Über Member
Yep, will be 36 next month and still get a pressie. They usually just give me cash or vouchers for the LBS so that I can get what I want when I need it. Kitted myself out for commuting with the cash I got last year.

Bigtallfatbloke

I always get a card. For years I got presents as well. My parents gave me more than I deserved.

yoyo

Not even from your adoptive parents?

No cards. No present ever from adoptive 'mother'; adoptive father gave presents of clothes that I wasn't allowed to wear as I wasn't nice enough to be dressed nicely. Definitely abused but one would expect no better in Ireland.

Noodley

yoyo said:
No cards. No present ever from adoptive 'mother'; adoptive father gave presents of clothes that I wasn't allowed to wear as I wasn't nice enough to be dressed nicely. Definitely abused but one would expect no better in Ireland.

Sorry to hear that...
:tongue::sad:

There are (too) many bad stories across (too) many countries.

mondobongo

Über Member
Yes Dad normally gives me a few quid for a drink in a card, Mum was really imaginative last time and I got a DVD of the Night Train as well as a framed copy of Break of Day in the Trenches by Issac Rosenberg she was really pleased that I actually knew some poetry and wanted to encourage it. I'm 41.

Plax

Guru
My mum usually gives me a card and money. My dad usually gets me something practical. This year I got a shed, year before that a fire grate and coal scuttle etc. I'm a daddies girl so he always seems to know what I would like. My mum gave up years ago. She still tries to feed me peas even after years of me telling her I hate them. I think she does it on purpose.

Top Bottom