Doctor who.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wasn't intending to watch this series. All that advance publicity about the sexuality of his new sidekick was very offputting. But I watched the first episode and - sexuality aside - it was really very enjoyable, a great deal more so than the previous few series. Today's episode was very good indeed. I hear they have a new scriptwriter - it shows.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
[QUOTE 4791482, member: 259"]You're confusing it with the Sky At Night.[/QUOTE]

I like both programmes. They should do a swap :laugh:.

You could have Brian May as occasional companion being told off for playing too much with the sonic guitar.

I can see Peter Capaldi on the Sky at Night working too.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I enjoyed the "new" seasons up to season 7, but the Peter Capaldi season was pretty ordinary so I lost interest after that, and haven't bothered following it since.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
The first couple of episodes of the current series were a bit meh but the third one picked up a lot. Watching the binaural version of tonight's episode with some good headphones is a little different (Doctor Who Enhanced on the iPlayer)...

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I liked The Green Death...quite scary at the time but I loved the daleks and Davros.(also)
We were talking about The Green Death at work today, The Pyramids of Mars might have got a mention and the one with the Jagaroth (green guy who comes out of the sea like an unsexy Pussy Galore). Proper Dr Who in those days :biggrin: The youngsters, trying to keep up the the conversation, just looked at us as if we'd gone mad. 4 parters? In Dr Who? Were we serious?

I have liked the last couple of eps but wasn't very struck on this one at all.
I loved Blink. I lived near a graveyard at the time, which had never bothered me at all. Then I realised that there was a hell of a lot of angel statues in there :ohmy:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The Cybermen terrified me...............................................When I was about 8.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
I don't like Capaldi's pompous declamatory style but, at the end of the day, if you find yourself complaining online about a children's programme, you should take a long look at yourself. Or watch the news like a proper grown up....
You think that Science Fiction is for children only? Millions of people would disagree with that.

gavgav

Guru
The last few series have been very poorly written, but I've quite enjoyed the first 3 of this series.......then there was tonight's utter garbage which has to be the worst episode since the series returned from its long break in the 90's.

The last few series have been very poorly written, but I've quite enjoyed the first 3 of this series.......then there was tonight's utter garbage which has to be the worst episode since the series returned from its long break in the 90's.

Like most things, there will be a few episodes to set the scene, establish new characters and place pointers for the grand finale.

Top Bottom