Does any one else struggle...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I later ask a question to the same assistant.... and keep turning the screw with my input to the question just to let them know all the punters are not green
Do nt normally go into a bike shop/store other than a repair... wheel true etc

Last edited:

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
[QUOTE 3229831, member: 45"]...not to butt in when you're in a bike shop and the assistant is feeding a load of rubbish to the person looking at bikes?[/QUOTE]

Drives me crazy, I try and keep quiet, sometimes I fail.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
In my LBS I sometimes join in to support his comment when the customer is failing to take advice, such as trying to buy a cable lock (he stocks some but isn't keen to sell them , but some people insist a cable lock will be fine in the middle of Bristol).

In other shops I have found it difficult not to interrupt and say .... You're wrong at times!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 3229831, member: 45"]...not to butt in when you're in a bike shop and the assistant is feeding a load of rubbish to the person looking at bikes?[/QUOTE]
Yes.
One day I'll have the black-eyes to prove it .....

KneesUp

Guru
I don't go to that sort of bike shop, so no.

And I'm not arrogant enough to assume I know something the customer does not, or to involve myself unnecessarily in someone else's business.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I've been bulls*****d myself and I just tend to nod and smile and leave.

KneesUp

Guru
[QUOTE 3229905, member: 45"]Ooh, get you.

Offering advice is not arrogance.[/QUOTE]
I'd suggest that it is arrogant to assume that someone you don't know needs or wants advice from you.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Yes. I struggle to such an extent that I try not to frequent LBS's as b/s seems to abound within them. My pet peeve is them selling the size they have in stock rather than the size that fits.

pplpilot

Guru
Not done it in a bike shop and normally I never would but in Jessops once I just had to chime in. The customer looking to buy a memory card for her camera was asking why one SD card was more expensive than another even though they were both 2gb (this was some years ago), the 'assistant' told them that the picture quality would be better on the more expensive one and the cheaper one would only allow print size up to 7x5 !!

Brandane

Legendary Member
No, but my LBS (except it's not so "local") is Dales in Glasgow, and from my experience the staff don't BS..
I did once try to help them to sell a bike though. Someone was in test riding a Specialized Tricross when I rolled up on mine while the customer was talking to the salesman. We got into a conversation and I told the customer how good a bike it was, if you are looking for a good general purpose bike. Never did find out if the sale was made though.

Top Bottom