Does anybody have an ULTRA 520 AF GF or SRAM hydro brakes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dark Eyes

I was thinking of getting a Triban 540 before they disappear, but have just noticed that the 520 AF GF has been reduced, and it looks an interesting bike for the money; SRAM Rival compact, full hydro disc brakes and approx 8.5 kg
I was wondering whether anybody had experience of this bike; and/or SRAM hydro disc brakes - they sound impressive, but having never used/setup discs, let alone full hydros, I was wondering how much of a faff they were?

I was thinking of getting a Triban 540 before they disappear, but have just noticed that the 520 AF GF has been reduced, and it looks an interesting bike for the money; SRAM Rival compact, full hydro disc brakes and approx 8.5 kg
I was wondering whether anybody had experience of this bike; and/or SRAM hydro disc brakes - they sound impressive, but having never used/setup discs, let alone full hydros, I was wondering how much of a faff they were?

Its a stunning bike for the money, those brakes are absolutely brilliant, totally fuss free, and dead easy to work on ( if you need to, which you won’t, except for changing pads)

JhnBssll

Veteran
Agree with the above, I've got SRAM Rival hydro discs on my commuter and they're excellent, a couple of thousand miles of trouble free braking so far amd they're about halfway through their original pads :okay:

OP
OP
D

Dark Eyes

Thanks folks. I was able to find a shop with both the 540 & the 520 in my size, and the 520 was noticeably a better bike - so I bought it.
I was also able to use my Cyclescheme voucher, which must make it a contender for Bicycle Bargain of the Year ^_^

Top Bottom