Does anybody own a Cove Hustler...?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lardarse rider

I will shortly be turning 40 and my lovely lady friend has said I can have a shiny new bike. I aim to ramp up the gnarl to at least a gnarl factor of 7:blush: so am looking for a lightish all mountain/ XC type full susser. I have a steel Rock Lobster(which is bloody marvellous) and am looking for the rear shock to see me faster and more comfortably downhill.

I like the look of the Hustler but cannot seem to find anywhere that lets you have a try before you buy.

If you own one, what do you reckon? How tall are you and what size frame do you have?

If you don't, thanks for reading.

Scrawf

Sorry don't have one.....

Norm

Globalti said:
Aren't "lightish" and "full susser" mutually exclusive?
Nope, although it is, of course, an opinion but I reckon 10.8kg would count as lightish.

Your wallet will also be considerably lighter. :laugh:

I think that the Comp Carbon would be the same sort of price range as the Cove Hustler and that's still only 11.6kg.

Searching for details on a Cove Hustler came up with your thread asking the same question on Bike Radar, Lardarse. :sad:

MichaelM

Guru
I've owned a Cove Stiffee, the Hustler is pretty much the FS version of that - tough as hell, but not really a lightweight XC type frame. Base Camp MTB (Laggan) have demo bikes - don't know how far you are from there but it's a good centre, and there's no end of biking out in the hills up that way.

OP
OP
lardarse rider

lardarse rider

Thanks for the replies. Went to Merlin in Leyland and had a bit of a burn around outside the shop. Took my wife and her purse (which is now considerably lighter:biggrin:;):angry::biggrin:). The Hustler isn't the lightest of full sussers but, I was amazed at how light it was. These double bouncers have come a long way. Got to wait for them to build mine for two weeks now:sad:. Buggeration.

Top Bottom