Does anyone do sportives on a recumbent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Binka

Über Member
am thinking of doing some and not sure if I'm going to get some funny looks turning up on a recumbent trike if everyone else is on serious road bikes. I'm not bothered about times/racing at all, just thought it might be a good way to push myself Into doing longer distances.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yes. There are all sorts of bikes on Sportive's not just road bikes.

And Sportive's are not races.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
The few sportives i have done i see people on all sorts from full sus bso to race machines so i cant see a problem,, check with the event organizer just in case their are restrictions ?

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
Thanks, that sounds promising. Am I right in thinking that sportives you get sent off individually a few minutes apart? Or is that time trials?

Jimidh

Veteran
Thanks, that sounds promising. Am I right in thinking that sportives you get sent off individually a few minutes apart? Or is that time trials?
Generally you get set off in groups or waves a few minutes apart.

Yes time trailing is when you set off individually a few minutes apart.

Last edited:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
I've ridden an audax which included a recumbent bike and trike; only missing the velomobile for a full house ! :smile:

Tin Pot

Guru
am thinking of doing some and not sure if I'm going to get some funny looks turning up on a recumbent trike if everyone else is on serious road bikes. I'm not bothered about times/racing at all, just thought it might be a good way to push myself Into doing longer distances.

I dont think the funny looks will increase if you're at a sportive.

OP
OP
Binka

Binka

Über Member
I'm not keen on the polystyrene hats. Audaxes all seem majorly long distances, the ones ive seen anyway. I was looking more at 50 miles type distance for now.

Top Bottom