Does anyone else feel like a good cry ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Me and MrsD can cope with nasty underhanded stuff but what gets to us both at the moment is everybody being so nice.
It can be anything from people at Aldi, people crossing the road and waving and shouting hello or listening to Captain Tom etc singing You'll Never Walk Alone.
Just gets to me.

Drago

Legendary Member
Nope, all good here.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Me and MrsD can cope with nasty underhanded stuff but what gets to us both at the moment is everybody being so nice.
It can be anything from people at Aldi, people crossing the road and waving and shouting hello or listening to Captain Tom etc singing You'll Never Walk Alone.
Just gets to me.

Yes often, and so I do.

Doesn't take a pandemic, to make that happen though. .

It's just another way of expressing, and processing emotions.

Nothing wrong with that :whistle:

Oh, and did you know that when women cry they actually excrete hormones, which can act as an antidepressant in many cases.

How cool is that ??

D

Deleted member 26715

I was in Tesco a couple of weeks back the staff were really trying & doing their best, but at times it appeared like they were herding cats, I really felt for them, this was before they were recognised as being on the frontline & putting themselves in danger. When I had got my shopping & was just leaving I made a special effort to thank the cashier & let her know my feelings, that I was thankful for what they were doing, & to let her colleagues know, but I had to cut it short in the end as I was tearing up & had to walk away.

Proto

Legendary Member
Yep, had a bit of a weep a few nights ago. Listening to the depressing news, two daughters working in Covid ICU, plus other things going on* in our lives, all got a bit too much. Wife and I had a bit of a hug and I shed a few tears. Better now.

*bought a house end of March, it's empty, but unable/unwilling to move, considered too risky. Desperate to move from this unlovely rented place.

Kryton521

Über Member
It doesn't make you weak or anything like that. It isn't just you and the situation we are in. It's a good response to others and shows empathy. Let no one run you down for being a good person.

As others have said, I'm trying extra hard at the moment to smile and wave at all those around at the moment, [boy racers can still f**k themselves, selfish & stupid] to let humanity shine a light

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yep, had a bit of a weep a few nights ago. Listening to the depressing news, two daughters working in Covid ICU, plus other things going on* in our lives, all got a bit too much. Wife and I had a bit of a hug and I shed a few tears. Better now.

*bought a house end of March, it's empty, but unable/unwilling to move, considered too risky. Desperate to move from this unlovely rented place.

Can't you hire a van and start moving stuff? You could even just take camping mats and sleeping bags and kip there. What's risky about that? As long as there's electricity, water and a flushing bog.

D

Deleted member 26715

Can't you hire a van and start moving stuff? You could even just take camping mats and sleeping bags and kip there. What's risky about that? As long as there's electricity, water and a flushing bog.
Thought the Government had stopped all house moves, I presume they don't want people in the same room signing contracts & passing bits of paper around.

D

Deleted member 26715

Yebbut if they bought the house end of March all that stuff must have been done, surely?
Don't call me Surely,

No idea hopefully @gavroche will come back & confirm, I think the ban came into force on 27th March only know as my son's friend's mother was supposed to sign & exchange contracts on the 27th to move on the 28th & it was all called off because of the announcement, they are in the same position, all just sat in houses they don't want to be in until it's all over.

Edit:- https://www.ft.com/content/c08ec3d9-079e-40ff-baae-11388c650f6c

Last edited by a moderator:

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I consider myself fortunate to be able to cry about these things @Dave7, and all the other stuff that elicits emotions. Each of us is wired slightly differently, and have different upbringings and social mores. There is nothing wrong with you for feeling emotional about kindness. Just give the kindness back and remain compassionate. My tears today: opened a book at my desk and out popped a wonderful pencil sketch from a dear friend, of beautiful times long past. My tears yesterday: being deep in the woods with the dog and lying in the bluebells alone, completely enveloped by the land and sky. My tears tomorrow: another of @wafter ‘s bike reviews (only messing @wafter!)

Top Bottom