Does anyone else feel like a good cry ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I'm in a similar bracket, which used to get me into trouble with maintaining boundaries, with other people's feelings/ hurt.. Almost like I wanted to shoulder it myself.

But we have to discern between "My stuff / your stuff"

I also can't watch horror / torture / violence in films, or even read about them.
Cos it sticks in my head, along with the knowledge that someone somewhere, has been, or is going to go through that at some point. It's painful.

It's a tricky one to navigate.. Can be exhausting.
I'd imagine in your profession very much so.

You need alot of supervision to unload, I'd imagine.

Our training involved a fair bit on keeping an emotional distance. It also helps that German is like French: there is a "formal" form of "you" (sie) and a "familiar" form (du). We use the "formal" form with clients, which also means we use their surname, not their first name. It's a small detail which makes a big difference.

Globalti

Legendary Member
My in laws live in a little village outside of Preston. During this lock down people in the village have been offering to help out. They are 83 and 89. It has taken us the family three weeks to get it in to their heads,accept help. People want to. So last week the village chemist delivered their medication and there is a lot of it. He popped it in to the unlocked porch along with four toilet rolls. He then stood back as f.i.l picked up the bag of pills. We did not order the toilet rolls. No someone has paid for four toilet rolls each old person in the village. How super is that. What a gesture.

The bog rolls are easily explained.... for the next week all those old people are going to be fed a diet of vindaloo and saag, washed down with a pint of Theakston's Old Peculier and a tin of prunes.

Top Bottom