Does anyone know the weights for the standard frame, fork and rear triangle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

12boy

Guru
With all the Ti variations available, i.e. seat posts, pedals,bolts rear triangles and forks I have to wonder if the basic main frame would not be a better way to lose weight. The Brompton Builder shows you in real time how much you lose or gain by customizing the bike in different ways, which is interesting and good, but I cannot find how much those basic components weigh. I am curious as to how much weight could be lost by simply going to a high quality material like butted Columbus or Reynolds 725 tubing.

chriscross1966

Über Member
Remember that normal (penny-penny) bikes buit with those materials depend on triangulation for stiffness.... all the BRompton has is a little gusset tube at the seatpost stem.....

OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
Here's something I found interesting by a gent named Chagzuki on another forum, if you are interested. Can't vouch for the accuracy and since it was dated from 2014 some of the parts may be different now, especially brake levers and the new cranks with replaceable chain ring.
chagzuki
xx.gif

Brompton weights listing
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:49:59 pm »

I reckon it'd be useful to have a full list of weights for Brompton parts so I figured I'd start with what I know and people can contribute to it over time. These are a mix of official weights and my own, don't know which are which unfortunately. Units are grams, obviously

Fork:
steel: 565
titanium: 350

Rear Frame:
steel: 755g
ti: 468g

Stem:
M: 806
S: 866
P: 602

Headset:
steel: 165
aluminium: 120

Handlebar:
M: 282
S: 132
P:

Brake Lever (single): 75

Seat Post:
standard, steel: 397

Pentaclip: 100

Saddle:
post-2009: 385

Crankset:
left arm: 190
44T right side: 288
44T chainguard: 57

Bottom Bracket (inc. crank bolts): 279

Chain:
SRAM PC1, 96 links: 280

Pedals:
Folding Pedal:
pedal: 240
bolt, steel: 41
washer: 8

Alloy, non-folding: 119

Front Hub:
standard: 158
superlight: 108

Tyres:
Brompton yellow Label: 240

Eazy wheel (not including fixings): 30

ip.gif

chris folder

Hi :hello:i found this weight guide to guy had one reply from it. the bottom bracket on it what part would you say that is? The back triangle?

OP
OP
12boy

12boy

Guru
The bottom bracket is the spindle and bearings that attach to the crank arms and sometimes can mean that part of a bike that houses the spindle and bearings.

chriscross1966

Über Member
The bottom bracket is the spindle and bearings that attach to the crank arms and sometimes can mean that part of a bike that houses the spindle and bearings.

Yes, if you are talking about the frame then it is the tube (threaded on trad frames) that the bearings and crank axle sit in, if you are talking about the group set then it is the bearings etc that the pedal cranks run on

Top Bottom