1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone want to share a pair of waterproof panniers?

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by Mister Paul, 4 Sep 2007.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I need a waterproof pannier. But I don't want two.

The DHB ones are pretty good, but come in a pair for around £60.

I only need one. It's a long shot, but if there's anyone else out there also in need of a single, waterproof pannier for £30, let me know.

2. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

are they these?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Cat=cycle&ProdID=5360025690

?

3. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

4. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

hmmm... I might give you a tenner for one.
    But wouldn't having only one unbalance your bike a bit - or have you already got one?

5. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'll sell you one for £50 Bonj. For anyone else it would be half what it cost me for the pair.

Using a single pannier does not noticeably unbalance a bike.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

no chance! then you'd actually be making a profit, what with your £20 wiggle discount voucher. Cheeky sod.

7. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

The voucher has gone on the items I ordered last week. The panniers come later.

8. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

Slightly OT....

Altura do single panniers.

The Fusion Dryline and Urban ranges are certainly availably singly in a 20 litre size.

9. simoncc

simoncc New Member

Dawes do single panniers too.

10. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I've seen those. Thanks.

I may go for that. But I've overdone it on the bike spending over the last few weeks and need some of my buys to look a bit less new before I get anything else.

"Oh no, love. I've had that for ages" doesn't really work when the tags are still on.

11. OP
    OP
    Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Yes, thanks. I wanted waterproof though. I can't be done with faffing around with raincovers.

12. P.H

P.H Über Member

Have you seen the DHB panniers? I bought some and they went straight back, IMO poorly designed and made imitations of the Ortlieb/Vaude type. I’d rather spend a little more for the real thing. They’re also pretty big, 20L each, if you need to carry that much stuff I think you’d be better off with a pair of 25L front panniers, unless you need to carry a large item. Something like the Vaudes
    http://store.securehosting.com/stores/sh205601/itemdetl.php?itemcode=498