Does anyone work harder than me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
88 hours last week building bikes for our cycle commuter programme, 12 till 10pm yesterday packing a van then driving to Norwich. Started at eight this morning and got back to York at 12 tonight. I wont get a day off till Friday and some of that will be travelling to a Schools Get Cycling gig in Hampshire. I cant remember when my last day off was.

Im not after sympathy BTW. Ive genuinely never worked so hard in my life but I absolutely love my job and relish every minute. I spend my days surrounded by bikes and happy smiling people. Teehee!

And here I sit fecking knackered but I cant sleep. :biggrin:

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Get thee up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire young man. Thou doest need kippy time !!
( If you go to bed and can't fall asleep, do as I do and think of the great procrastinations of Chairman Bonj, knocks me out in seconds !! :biggrin: )

mickle said:
88 hours last week building bikes for our cycle commuter programme, 12 till 10pm yesterday packing a van then driving to Norwich. Started at eight this morning and got back to York at 12 tonight. I wont get a day off till Friday and some of that will be travelling to a Schools Get Cycling gig in Hampshire. I cant remember when my last day off was.

Im not after sympathy BTW. Ive genuinely never worked so hard in my life but I absolutely love my job and relish every minute. I spend my days surrounded by bikes and happy smiling people. Teehee!

If you need an assistant, or someone to ride shotgun, let me know! :biggrin:

By the way, I work pretty hard, too, but only for about 40 hours. Less if I can.

mickle said:

Take it easy Mick - you can't keep up with those kind of hours - I know and found out the hard way by making myself ill. You do have a great job - again, I should know - but we all want you to stay doing it and not having time off because the Doc says so.

I'm up in York early next week to pick up some motorbike bits and hope to get everyone together for a beer 'n' curry. I'll come and fetch you if you're working:evil:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
Hilldodger said:
Take it easy Mick - you can't keep up with those kind of hours - I know and found out the hard way by making myself ill. You do have a great job - again, I should know - but we all want you to stay doing it and not having time off because the Doc says so.

I'm up in York early next week to pick up some motorbike bits and hope to get everyone together for a beer 'n' curry. I'll come and fetch you if you're working:evil:

Slept till 12.30! Lovely.

Oooh curry! My favourite! I shall look forward to that Hilldodger.

gbb

Legendary Member
You can work those kind of hours, but you gotta pace yourself. :biggrin:

When i wur a lad (in my early 20s), we used to work 12 hour days, 7 days a week....and get this....24 hours off every two weeks for the change from days to nights :biggrin::biggrin:...all for about 3 months of the year.

84 hours a week for 3 months...mind, on the night shifts, we felt hard done by if we didnt get 6 hours kip a night :biggrin:

Couldnt, wouldnt, shouldnt do it now tho :biggrin:

bonj2

mickle said:

Christ, your job sounds great. does your company have any vacancies for disaffected IT workers?
On IT worker rates?:biggrin:

OP
OP
mickle

mickle

innit
bonj said:
Well, I'd be ideal then. what don't I know about bikes?

Okey dokey.........

How many chainring bolts does a Chater Lea chainset use?

Where was the Chater Lea factory?

Which British chainset manufacturer was the first to use a splined interface with the bottom bracket axle?

What was Cannondales first product?

Which brand started as S&G cycles?

The first commercial bicycle disc brake was launched in 1973, by which components manufacturer?

Which is the oldest cycle retailer in the UK?

Shimano made a spelling mistake on one of their groupsets in the mid 80s, it has never been corrected, what the word?

Which was the last manufacturer of bikes available in the UK to supply bikes with 27 inch wheels?

What links 'Q factor' with F1.

Who manufactured the first commercially available aluminum fork?

Reynolds 531 was developed for what?

Reynolds 853 was developed for what?

Which Shimano component was the only one to bear the name of another component company and what was the company??

How many seperate manufacturing proccesses go into making a standard spoke nipple?

What is the difference in mm between the BCDs of Microdrive and Compact Drive.

No conferring. No googling. You have twenty minutes.

Mortiroloboy

mickle said:
Okey dokey.........

How many chainring bolts does a Chater Lea chainset use?

Where was the Chater Lea factory?

Which British chainset manufacturer was the first to use a splined interface with the bottom bracket axle?

What was Cannondales first product?

Which brand started as S&G cycles?

The first commercial bicycle disc brake was launched in 1973, by which components manufacturer?

Which is the oldest cycle retailer in the UK?

Shimano made a spelling mistake on one of their groupsets in the mid 80s, it has never been corrected, what the word?

Which was the last manufacturer of bikes available in the UK to supply bikes with 27 inch wheels?

What links 'Q factor' with F1.

Who manufactured the first commercially available aluminum fork?

Reynolds 531 was developed for what?

Reynolds 853 was developed for what?

Which Shimano component was the only one to bear the name of another component company and what was the company??

How many seperate manufacturing proccesses go into making a standard spoke nipple?

What is the difference in mm between the BCDs of Microdrive and Compact Drive.

No conferring. No googling. You have twenty minutes.

Bl**dy hell man, you should go on Mastermind! Wot's the answers then?

Top Bottom