Does cycling constipate you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
peanut said:
Once you become constipated it can takes 3-4 days to get your bowels back in order because it takes that long for food to pass through your system.

Don't be tempted to use laxatives because they muck up your bodys natural rhythms and metabolism.

this is true too, and all you are doing is chucking a tablet on top of what's already there and it takes time to get through. what you need to do is release it from the bottom end... which is why when you are constipated in hospital, they shove a suppository up your arse... effectively "pulling the plug" and unblocking you.

so... suppository's are the new laxative. much better for you too.

peanut

buggi said:
this is true too, and all you are doing is chucking a tablet on top of what's already there and it takes time to get through. what you need to do is release it from the bottom end... which is why when you are constipated in hospital, they shove a suppository up your arse... effectively "pulling the plug" and unblocking you.

so... suppository's are the new laxative. much better for you too.

exactly :evil::biggrin:

Cycling doesn't seem to constipate me at all, however, my recent conversion to porridge seems to - considering it is glue while in the bowl (especially when dried up), it seems to have the same effect on my insides....

Fiona N

Veteran
punkypossum said:
Cycling doesn't seem to constipate me at all, however, my recent conversion to porridge seems to - considering it is glue while in the bowl (especially when dried up), it seems to have the same effect on my insides....

It's all that soluble oat fibre - the best sort apparently, much better than the 'woody' variety which makes up Allbran. So stick to porrige :biggrin:

Breedon

Legendary Member
Seems to affect me too and i get a lot of wind which the wife likes....not.

D

Deleted member 1258

Breedon said:
Seems to affect me too and i get a lot of wind which the wife likes....not.

Seems to do that to most people for some reason or other. After my health problems last year I started eating a more healthy diet and I found that has made me more windy, and the porridge has made that worse.

AWG

I was amused to see this thread when I joined the Forum recently. But hey, I've started doing quite a bit of cycling again instead of my usual jogging, and guess what?
Jogging I find completely empties you (as much as is possible), for when I shower after a jog I always pass plenty of waste before doing so. But cycling? Yes, it seems to make me sluggish too. This is not helpful especially when trying to check one's weight on a daily basis. So cycling is wonderful exercise, no doubt about it; but if you are the same as me it slows me down internally. (Feel as though I've just taken part in that hilarious Peter Cook - John Cleese sketch about intestines!)

gavintc

Guru
If you really are full of shoot, the politics and life forum is waiting for you.... I think most people in there have your problem.:biggrin:;)

AWG

gavintc said:
If you really are full of shoot, the politics and life forum is waiting for you.... I think most people in there have your problem.:biggrin:;)

Tend to keep out of heated debate on the various forums I visit. Ever since I found myself threatening to get on a plane and go to the US to knock someone's head off :biggrin:

More of a start controversial new topic then sit back and watch type nowadays . . .

Top Bottom