Does God exist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaded

Mr Pig said:
Is there a God? The answer is so clear and simple a child can see it. In our arrogance and 'wisdom' we squint and peer, like a man looking for an elephant through a telescope who sees only darkness because the creature is right in front of his face. You don't need to be clever to be sure there is a God. You just need to be prepared to listen for his voice.

If that isn't a stance telling others what to think I have no idea what is.

Noodley

Jaded said:
Never wibble, on account of my credit card, you know...:evil:

...but wibble's work costs, and right here is where you start paying (oops, sorry, I drifted off onto Kids From Fame :angry:...)

Noodley

rich p said:
It's quite lively on here at night isn't it? I'm normally in bed by now!

It's like this every night. But we're like the little elves who help the shoemaker in that we tidy up and nobody in the "daytime" knows we are here...

3. Wibble

The word used by Rowan Atkinson in "blackadder goes forth" to denote a state of insanity. I the scene he puts pencils up his nose and repeats "wibble wibble" in order to get sent home from the trenches.
George: "What is your name?"
Blackadder: "Wibble."
George: "What is 2 plus 2?"
Blackadder: "Wibble, Wibble."
Blackadder, trying to prove he is mad, in his bunker, with underpants on his head and a pendil up each nostril

Jaded

Noodley said:
It's like this every night. But we're like the little elves who help the shoemaker in that we tidy up and nobody in the "daytime" knows we are here...

Is that the sky shoemaker, or the creepy one that used to touch your bum?

Mr Pig

Nothing wrong with a nice debate ;0)

the_mrs_merton_show.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Mr Pig - do you know much about biblical scholarship? Your views on Revelations don't even accord with what serious Christian scholars think about it and verge on conspiratorial nonsence. You are not one of these people who believe in the coming 'End Times' are you?

Jim said:
The word of God, written by power crazed Kings and Priests...

Jim, you're a fan of the OT are you not? BTW, who is the author of that attached document, and where is it published? This matters if one is to spent reading and thinking about something - helps see things in perspective... Of course it also depends what you believe to be true.

Anyway, Jesus himself used and taught from the Old Testament, and the OT contains many prophecies about the Messiah.

Something NT Wright - Bishop of Durham said (google to see whole)...
The New Testament, building on what God did in the Old, is now the covenant charter for the people of God. We do not have a temple, we do not have sacrifices—at least, not in the old Jewish sense of either of those. Both are translated into new meanings in the New Testament. We do not have kosher laws. We do not require that our male children be circumcised if they are to be part of the people of God. We do not keep the seventh day of the week as the Sabbath. Those were the boundary markers which the Old Testament laid down for the time when the people of God was one nation, one geographical entity, with one racial and cultural identity. Now that the gospel has gone worldwide we thank God that he prepared the way like that; but it is the New Testament now which is the charter for the church.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
And there in a nutsell, is exactly why this whole thing is nonsense. 'The people of God' being one nation etc. etc. Do any of you not see how this is simply a way justifying certain kinds of politics? And what about all the other 'chosen people'? I guess they just backed the 'wrong god'... and did the Judaeo-Christian god not like the Africans or something? It is not as if the Jews were in fact the first people in the world...

Top Bottom