Does hi-viz really work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheddy

Legendary Member
Not sticking up for them, but I do think cagers should be taught to scan the road properly. As folks have said, they often only look, where they expect a hazard to be, probably cos they didn't encounter one before

col

Legendary Member
We all like lights ,to aid in being seen by others,so why is there an argument against hiviz.We know hiviz does make you more visible in the dark,than not having it,but then the argument of ,what if the driver isnt looking comes in.Oh please,stop,i cant see with the tears of laughter.I know ,lets not use anything ,lights or hi viz,and lets all wear black,it seems it wont make much difference?:ohmy:

Peyote

Reflectives, lights even light coloured clothing for me. But not flourescent, purely out of vanity you understand. I don't like walking into the pub in day-glo stuff!

I figure if they don't see me with lights and reflectives, flourescent ain't going to make any difference, so what's the point?!

Bigtallfatbloke

Where can I get one of those POLITE vests then?...I can tfind them on google ...probably searching for the wrong name or something

snorri

Legendary Member
Maybe a cyclist wearing a hi-viz is a bit like these Volvo drivers with their DLRs. Other road users see them coming but the high light level distracts from other possible hazards.:ohmy:

Cab

Bigtallfatbloke said:
It works because when I wear it cars pass wider than when I dont.

Interesting. I find exactly the opposite to be true. The more visible, the more competent I make myself look the closer they try to overtake.

Top Bottom