Does it exist ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
there are mudguards that fit on carbon bikes .... Pannier bags are not needed as one can use a rucksack or a handlebar bag
I wouldn't carry a laptop on my back. Risk to neck and back in a fall. Ymmv. What proper fixed mudguards fit carbon bikes? Those crud pieces of crud?

dim

I wouldn't carry a laptop on my back. Risk to neck and back in a fall. Ymmv. What proper fixed mudguards fit carbon bikes? Those crud pieces of crud?

lol .... I commute 200 miles a week with a backpack, 2 d-locks, my lunch and small garden tools (I'm a landscaper) ....

Afraid of your neck and back in a fall if you carry a laptop? .... If you are that afraid, take a bus instead or travel by car.... Commuting by bike can be harsh in winter, especially if the roads are wet, slipery and there are many cyclists

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Ymmv
I don't commute in winter. Not practical. In summer, panniers. Who wants a sweaty back?
Everyones different vickster......i commute, but dont use rack and panniers or a rucksack. Take all my gear in by car at beginning of week and take home following week once replenished with fresh

OP
OP
macp

macp

Guru
Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the used bike links. I have bought half my bikes used from the bay of e and been happy except for the Kinesis which although superb is slightly too big for me. Had I been able to try before buying ??

Anyway colleague who occasionally rides the cheshire lanes said to me "you need a CX with the lanes around you and carbon if possible". Im not so convinced as I dont want the extra weight of a CX and a decent set of 25 or 28`s would solve a few issues wouldnt it ?

vickster

Legendary Member
As what?

jowwy

Thanks for all the replies and thanks for the used bike links. I have bought half my bikes used from the bay of e and been happy except for the Kinesis which although superb is slightly too big for me. Had I been able to try before buying ??

Anyway colleague who occasionally rides the cheshire lanes said to me "you need a CX with the lanes around you and carbon if possible". Im not so convinced as I dont want the extra weight of a CX and a decent set of 25 or 28`s would solve a few issues wouldnt it ?
My cx weighs in at 7.1kgs and has carbon rims

jowwy

Not much though.......

Frameset - 350
Wheels - 250
Groupset - 280

Plus 220 for finishing kit..........could get it all done for 1100 no problem. Dont pay labour costs as i do it all myself

Top Bottom