Does it mean i'm old..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
User259iroloboy said:
Au contraire! His listnership are very funny, I like the double entendre, nom de plumes that many of them use.
One who springs to mind, but I haven't heard for a while was Rudolph Hucker, I think one of the producers wised up to the phonetics!;)

Chuffer Dandridge is another regular contributor, I like the Janet and John items too, very funny.
Fairy Nuff. .. I enjoy a good double entendre (matron), but just find Wogan a bit self-satisfied for my liking...

No, you're not too old.

Steve smug git Wright is the only thing I dislike about R2.Whilst Radcliffe and Maconie are worth the licence fee on their own!!;)

Oh I hate that Sarah jolly hockey sticks Kennedy too!

Mortiroloboy

Yeah, he's not everyones cup of tea, I'm not a huge fan of Wogan, but the contributors and the on air banter make it a worthwhile drive to work listen.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Lardyboy said:
No, you're not too old.

Steve smug git Wright is the only thing I dislike about R2.Whilst Radcliffe and Maconie are worth the licence fee on their own!!:blush:

Oh I hate that Sarah jolly hockey sticks Kennedy too!
Gawd, I forgot about her... she's a blimmin' nightmare (a bit too fond of a tipple or two as well, so rumour has it)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Radio 2 has been really good this last two weeks as Sarah Kennedy and Terry Wogan are both off on hols. They should be on long terms hols, it would almost be worth all the licence money just to not have them on air.

I can't be old listening to Radio 2, the music is still good.

simoncc

Time was when the BBC made do with one pop station. Now it has Radios 1, 1 extra, 2 and 6 and pop music is increasingly heard on Radio 3. This is indicative of the general dumbing down of the BBC. Teenyboppers of all ages should be given one BBC pop station and no more as in the old days.

Trillian

Maz said:
There's some cracking comedy on R4, for all ages. Didn't Little Britain/Alan Partridge/Mary Whitehouse Experience etc start off on R4?

as did hitch hikers guide to the galaxy

Mortiroloboy

Fnaar said:
Gawd, I forgot about her... she's a blimmin' nightmare (a bit too fond of a tipple or two as well, so rumour has it)

She is sooooooooooo annoying, I can't listen to her twittering on about utter crap, she fluffs her words a lot too, does she like a few sherberts then? She has a fair bit of time off 'sick'. :ohmy:

Her most annoying trait is relating stories about her frequent holidays to far flung distant places, as if she had gone to Bognor for the day, well not all of us can afford that sort of holiday, so perleeese don't gabble on about it like everyone goes to the Maldives or wherever, cos we don't ( well not me anyway)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
User259iroloboy said:
She is sooooooooooo annoying, I can't listen to her twittering on about utter crap, she fluffs her words a lot too, does she like a few sherberts then? She has a fair bit of time off 'sick'. :biggrin:
Yeah, see story. I've seen the damage alc can do (close rellies), and have no wish to sneer at her, but she has a bit of a reputation...

Mortiroloboy

Ah ha, that makes perfect sense now, she's always blaming her sore throat and frequently mentions drinking lime juice to relieve the symptoms, obviously likes a good measure of Vodka in it then?!

Mrs Mortiroloboy cannot stand her, referring to her as " That Posh old bird". She certainly seems random at times, and I detect a degree of dislike from one of her traffic announcers (Lyn BOWLES) ?? she (Kennedy) will often make pointed comments about what the other woman is wearing, which are usually dealt with in a professional manner.

I like it when SK is on 'leave' then you get the choirboy Aled Jones or one of the other stand-in's and the chatter between the music has a bit more relevance!

My next door neighbour drank herself to death, the day the ambulance came for her she was bright yellow, just like a cast member of the Simpsons, I'm not kidding, I have seen people with Jaundice, but she was bright yellow!

Top Bottom