Dog who hates cyclists!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the reluctant cyclist

Über Member
I was coming home tonight just on the last bit of my journey and a woman and her dog were coming towards me on the pavement (them not me before I get flamed!:rolleyes:)...

....anyway the dog decides he doens't like me so starts growling and snarling and barking at me and my bike! You know the sort - little dog with a big attitude!

All of this no problems but the woman patted the mut on the head and said "GOOD DOG" loud and clear!!!

WTF? Wonder if she's going to teach it to attack little kids next!?

By the way... why do so many dogs dislike bikes?

the reluctant cyclist said:

I wonder if they don't see the cyclist and bike as some kind of weird other animal

My cats still view me with suspicion as soon as I don my helmet

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Growl and bark back, let some slobber fly, and chase the little flea taxi. You'll change her attitude if you really put your heart into the performance. Neither will come near you again.

BentMikey said:
Growl and bark back, let some slobber fly, and chase the little flea taxi. You'll change her attitude if you really put your heart into the performance. Neither will come near you again.

Not forgetting to cock a leg :rolleyes:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I had one like that once, a girl could barely control her dog and it lurched for me, i avoided it but the cyclist behind was VERY close to getting bitten. needless to say i reported it to a PCSO further down the road.

Arch

Married to Night Train
the reluctant cyclist said:

There's the 'WTF is that?' factor, plus some people suggest that the spokes make a noise as they spin, too high for us to hear, but that dogs can...

I was experimenting with my new road bike, when I first got my first and so far only one, on the shared path by the foreshore. With the sea on one side and ditch on the other, and me having just discovered I can go really quite quickly on a bike over short distances. As I round a corner there's a woman standing on the pedestrian side of the path, as I close on her a small yappy-type dog appears from nowhere and heads straight for my front wheel. I couldn't decide whether to ditch into the sea or try to avoid the woman in ditch into the ditch so I took the secret third option as it was only a small dog and hoped that my wheel would still be true enough to ride on after I'd hit the little bugger, and braced for impact.

Luckily the little sh!t missed me and I carried on with me and the bike unscathed. I saw my life flash before my eyes there I really did. I can only hope the dog had the same experience.

GrasB

Veteran
Worst thing is when a pack of urban foxes decided to run down the road behind you in formation. They're not aggressive but if anything happens they're likely to get hurt & that's when they'll probably get VERY aggressive.

Top Bottom