Dogs on Leash petition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MichaelM

Guru
I don't think it's a law for dog owners to keep their dogs on leash in any public place that's needed, but a little bit of common sense and some manners shown by dog owners.

As an owner of a GSD and a GSD/Husky cross, I take my resposibilities as a dog owner seriously and ensure no one feels in the least bit intimidated by dogs. My GSD is well trained and will come back immediately, the husky cross has not yet been off lead in public (9 year old recue, we've had him two months). I would claim it's a far too common sight to see a small yappy dog out of control with owner laughing and saying " oh he/she is a miserable thing". (This happened just the other day as a cyclist went past me and my two, then fifty yards on was chased by two minature poodles and a cairyn).

It's a shame, as we're all tarred with the same brush.

Maz

Guru
I've never had any problems with dogs when I'm out cycling. What problems do others have?

theclaud

Openly Marxist
snorri said:
:tongue::smile:!:sad: I suspect you are the irresponsible dog owner I had the altercation with last weekend.:biggrin::angry::biggrin:

You suspect wrongly then. And you can spare me the angry faces, for I have never owned a dog, and have no pets of any kind. Occasionally dogs bother me on my bike, but mostly often dogs are easy enough to muddle along with and any aggro is caused by the unreasonable behaviour of some dog owners. Punishing dogs by denying them their normal range of behaviour is unacceptable.

On a more serious note, where do you get these wire invisible extending leads? I'd like to use one on a few cyclists who go down the shared use path like it's a raceway. In fact I'm thinking of starting a petition to ban cyclists off shared use paths after a recent traumatic incident as I was walking along. What do you think?

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Maz said:
I've never had any problems with dogs when I'm out cycling. What problems do others have?

I got chased by farm dogs when I was in France once - I was on the gite's bouncy full sus, so it was touch and go whether I'd get away or not. I also couldn't bring the French for "Bugger Off!" to mind.

John the Monkey said:
I got chased by farm dogs when I was in France once - I was on the gite's bouncy full sus, so it was touch and go whether I'd get away or not. I also couldn't bring the French for "Bugger Off!" to mind.

:tongue:

Top Bottom