Doh - It happens to the best of us...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Armegatron

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/t...pport-officer-has-bike-stolen-84229-26620247/

Middlesbrough police community support officer has bike stolen

Jun 9 2010 Evening Gazette
Police are appealing for witnesses after a female Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) had her bike stolen.
The officer who patrols on the Gresham ward in Middlesbrough, was attending a community meeting when the bike was stolen from outside the Ace Centre on Parliament Road on Monday, June 7.
At around 9am that day, the officer locked the bike onto railings outside the centre but on her return at 10.40am, she discovered the bike had been stolen and the lock was open on the floor.
The suspect is described as a white male who was dressed in black clothing. The bike is a female GT black and grey mountain bike with a new seat, silver coloured towards the front and red towards the rear.

Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, may know who the suspect is or may know the whereabouts of the bike is asked to contact Inspector Tina Robson of Middlesbrough Neighbourhood Policing Team on 01642 303126 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

Wonder what lock she was using.

mike.pembo said:
Not a good enough one obviously.

Tynan

Veteran
ditto, yes lock it with somthing good but I'd never leave it anywhere in the open

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
marzjennings said:
It seems you only need to carry a coke can to bust almost any lock...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipMi6ryESqk

or biro to open a d-lock

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hsM88Wx8QQ

I've not trusted my bike to lock in 15 years.

flippen heck!!

Tynan said:
ditto, yes lock it with somthing good but I'd never leave it anywhere in the open

doesn't that defeat the object of having a lock. If I leav my bike indorrs, I'm not likely to lock it.

I am so glad I have an indoor store for my bike or I simply would not ride it to work

Top Bottom