Dolan ADX Titanium Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I believe Van Nicks are covered by a lifetime frame warranty so you're covered but offering one with a two year is a bit of a joke and not very confidence inspiring. Maybe the OP could consider one instead?

what’s the difference in price however?
Spa offer good Ti.
If looking at Van Nic, also look at J Guillem (chap previously at Van Nic)

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
I believe Van Nicks are covered by a lifetime frame warranty so you're covered but offering one with a two year is a bit of a joke and not very confidence inspiring. Maybe the OP could consider one instead?

See my other post regarding Van Nicholas

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran

The “lifetime” warranty is an average of 25 years according to Van Nic website.

https://www.dolan-bikes.com/dolan-adx-titanium-road-bike---shimano-105-r7000/

Has anyone owned one of these ? Dolan are always good value and I've found them good to deal with.

I have the disc version with 105.
Bought back in 2020 and done just under 10,000 miles on it. Very comfortable ride albeit a little heavy.
However, I've found a crack in the frame where the internal cable routing enters the head tube. I'm currently working to have this returned and replaced under warranty but it is a worry. They say they've never seen this problem before which I'm asking for assurances of.
I can keep you informed as to how the warranty claim goes etc. but looking at the rim brake version the routing is very different so this issue shouldn't appear, at least not where mine has.

1000008054.jpg

Update....
Even though Dolan maintain they have never seen this issue before, the frame design has since been changed and the new frames have the cables routed directly down through the head tube. I'll let you all decide whether that is a good thing or not but at least it will mean this can't happen again. I now need to box and send back to Dolan at my own cost (£50 apparently) and when the new frames come in they will rebuild my components onto a new one and send it off. I've been given a date of mid Feb for this but seeing as the original delivery date when bought was 2 months out, I'm not too confident of this being correct, but we'll see.
I hope this experience helps anyone who may be contemplating this bike or the rim brake version as per the original thread.

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Update....
Even though Dolan maintain they have never seen this issue before, the frame design has since been changed and the new frames have the cables routed directly down through the head tube. I'll let you all decide whether that is a good thing or not but at least it will mean this can't happen again. I now need to box and send back to Dolan at my own cost (£50 apparently) and when the new frames come in they will rebuild my components onto a new one and send it off. I've been given a date of mid Feb for this but seeing as the original delivery date when bought was 2 months out, I'm not too confident of this being correct, but we'll see.
I hope this experience helps anyone who may be contemplating this bike or the rim brake version as per the original thread.

At least it is getting replaced without too much hassle by the sound of it.

Top Bottom