Dolan ADX Titanium Road Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sure but Dolan offer a warranty of five years for manufacturing faults on titanium frame bikes. If I was buying I'd want something a bit more substantial than that.

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Sure but Dolan offer a warranty of five years for manufacturing faults on titanium frame bikes. If I was buying I'd want something a bit more substantial than that.

Looks like it’s only 2 years. I would like to think that any fault would be noticed within 2 years, but I hear you.

Have a Dolan carbon - been really pleased with it. Good company to deal with.

Never go much on warranties myself - in general if there are problems early in the bikes life you get help - the longer it goes on the less help you get* Doesn't really matter what stated in some email.

*Kouta the exception here - who shafted me over with a £2k frame - which had problems from day 1.

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Have a Dolan carbon - been really pleased with it. Good company to deal with.

Never go much on warranties myself - in general if there are problems early in the bikes life you get help - the longer it goes on the less help you get* Doesn't really matter what stated in some email.

*Kouta the exception here - who shafted me over with a £2k frame - which had problems from day 1.
I kind of think along those lines myself. If there is a frame fault you would think it would be noticeable within a couple of years if you do a lot of mileage. But I appreciate the piece of mind with a “lifetime” warranty. I’ve got a Dolan Preffissio which I got through the cycle to work scheme, super fast process at the time. It’s been battered on the work commute and used through the winter. Can’t fault it.

OP
OP
Fifelad

Fifelad

Veteran
Are you feeling lucky?

I never feel lucky, I’m a belt and braces man usually 😂

I kind of think along those lines myself. If there is a frame fault you would think it would be noticeable within a couple of years if you do a lot of mileage. But I appreciate the piece of mind with a “lifetime” warranty. I’ve got a Dolan Preffissio which I got through the cycle to work scheme, super fast process at the time. It’s been battered on the work commute and used through the winter. Can’t fault it.

Be aware of what a lifetime warranty is. It's the expected lifetime of the frame - not the owner.

Jameshow

Veteran

I would be particularly cautious with a titanium frame, the likely good of cracks appearing is very much greater with ti than other materials imo, especially if you consider how few ti frames are made compared with Carbon fibre and alloy frames ..

Gunk

Guru
I would be particularly cautious with a titanium frame, the likely good of cracks appearing is very much greater with ti than other materials imo, especially if you consider how few ti frames are made compared with Carbon fibre and alloy frames ..

My Van Nicholas is now 16 years old and no issues.

Once you’ve owned a Ti bike you’d never go back to carbon or aluminium, they are a joy to own and beautiful looking frames.

My only comment with the one you’re looking at is that the group set and wheel set could be better.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats

Once you’ve owned a Ti bike you’d never go back to carbon or aluminium, they are a joy to own and beautiful looking frames.

My only comment with the one you’re looking at is that the group set and wheel set could be better.

Mines 17 years old no problems with frame - though the Planet X Ti is getting more use now, know 5 cycling buds have Ti bikes with no problems. Not sure where the evidence is for Ti frame failures over others, known a few Alu and Carbon - though this would not put me off them either, apart from that its not Ti ;)

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member

I believe Van Nicks are covered by a lifetime frame warranty so you're covered but offering one with a two year is a bit of a joke and not very confidence inspiring. Maybe the OP could consider one instead?

Top Bottom