Domain move: www.cyclechat.net

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Admin said:
Have you tried deleting the old ".co.uk" cookie as suggested earlier on in the thread?

Cheers,
Shaun :blush:

I have now ... I'd forgotten I had read that ... I hadn't tried to log onto the new system at that point. I presume I need to do that on the laptop too?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
summerdays said:
I have now ... I'd forgotten I had read that ... I hadn't tried to log onto the new system at that point. I presume I need to do that on the laptop too?

Yes, any machine you use to access CC.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Tollers said:
When is the cyclechat.net kit order? :ohmy:

Well don't rush just yet ... the logo's going to change very shortly too ... but keep it hush hush ... :biggrin:

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
Admin said:
Well don't rush just yet ... the logo's going to change very shortly too ... but keep it hush hush ... :biggrin:

:ohmy: :cry:I really like the "old" (current) logo :biggrin:. And brands are a valuable thing ... so people seeing us cycling with our CC gear won't be able to find www.cyclechat.co.uk any more ... (or can you re-direct permanently?)

Another thought ... does that mean we'll need to set up a new design for the kit? (and pay a new design fee?)

If it has to be done, fingers crossed it's as even nicer than the current one ...

Just my 2p

T

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
The www.cyclechat.co.uk domain will automatically redirect to the new www.cyclechat.net one from the end of the month - and yes, this will be permanent, so as long as there's a site here - the .co.uk will still work.

The new logo will be applied to the site in the near future, but I will be retaining the old logo files and people can continue to use the old logo and domain for kit if they like (especially if it will cost to get it changed).

Cheers,

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Searched for cyclenet on google and got dropped in at the front page ... but looking as if I wasn't logged in - so got offered Today's posts instead of New posts for example. Clicked on Today's posts and suddenly I'm logged in as Summerdays so its still not quite working correctly for me - any more tips to sort out the cookies or whatever might be causing the problem? (Its low priority obviously in comparison to keeping the whole thing working)

Norm

Tollers said:
When is the cyclechat.net kit order? :ohmy:
I was thinking that I need a refund on my cyclechat.co.uk neck scarf, but, then again, it'll just make the classic value appreciate.:biggrin:

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
summerdays said:
Searched for cyclenet on google and got dropped in at the front page ... but looking as if I wasn't logged in - so got offered Today's posts instead of New posts for example. Clicked on Today's posts and suddenly I'm logged in as Summerdays so its still not quite working correctly for me - any more tips to sort out the cookies or whatever might be causing the problem? (Its low priority obviously in comparison to keeping the whole thing working)

Okay, let's just completely rule out cookies.

Visit http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/ and if you're not logged in, log in. Now click here to delete the ".co.uk" cookie.

Now visit http://www.cyclechat.net/forums/ and if you're not logged in, log in. If you are logged in, click here to delete your ".net" cookie.

Now log back in again and let me know if it's behaving itself now?

Cheers,
Shaun :becool:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Admin said:
The www.cyclechat.co.uk domain will automatically redirect to the new www.cyclechat.net one from the end of the month - and yes, this will be permanent, so as long as there's a site here - the .co.uk will still work.

The new logo will be applied to the site in the near future, but I will be retaining the old logo files and people can continue to use the old logo and domain for kit if they like (especially if it will cost to get it changed).

Cheers,

The CycleChat brand has developed a strong following and people have invested in kit with the CycleChat logo. This has spread the brand name and helped to strengthen the brand. Changing the domain name is only a minor change but changing the logo is not something which should be under taken lightly and it may damage the CycleChat brand, are you sure you have thought this through, Shaun?

:laugh: Is this going to be like football strips where they change every year?

Remember what happened to Coco Cola when they tried to change their brand. :becool:

HJ said:
The CycleChat brand has developed a strong following and people have invested in kit with the CycleChat logo. This has spread the brand name and helped to strengthen the brand. Changing the domain name is only a minor change but changing the logo is not something which should be under taken lightly and it may damage the CycleChat brand, are you sure you have thought this through, Shaun?

:laugh: Is this going to be like football strips where they change every year?

Remember what happened to Coco Cola when they tried to change their brand. :becool:

I think the cyclechat brand exists as its community more than its logo. I doubt a logo change would impact the community unless it follows the Olympic logo design rules

bad-logos-5.gif

Or with a simply mental double entendres....

BadLogo-Orientais.jpg

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
If the logo is the stick cyclist with the lines next to it then this is the first time I've noticed it. I've always been aware of it but it wouldn't have sparked recognition, seen elsewhere, on its own.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
OK I think I may have worked something out from doing that... I get:
An error occurred while attempting to log you out. Click here to log out.

on both sites and don't think I get logged out. After deleting cookies should I be logged out of the system? Or am I meant to follow the log out bit too - I kind of follow instructions directly on things like forms etc and so you didn't say log out.

(Sorry for being so thick)

Top Bottom