Doner kebab tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hey Pat, here is a drier version for variety. Once you slice it, fry it, break it up and make it crispier. Coat the inside of the wrap with Garlic sauce. Heaven!.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A Donna kebab is the food of drunken gods and should never be messed with ! The only English spoken when preparing one is " You want salad " " Sauce " " £3.95 "
50p extra if you want sauce in a pot but that is never spoken about .

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Doner kebab wars!
Although iirc the "inventor" of doner was a German Turk who died not too long ago.

Yes, and he chose not to patent it. Most of the kebab places in Germany and Austria are Turkish. There's good ones to be had in Bratislava too. They really are better than the UK ones though when I'm blottoed I'm not too bothered about the provenance of the kebab.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Yes, and he chose not to patent it. Most of the kebab places in Germany and Austria are Turkish. There's good ones to be had in Bratislava too. They really are better than the UK ones though when I'm blottoed I'm not too bothered about the provenance of the kebab.
That suggests you would eat one when sober :eek:

Shawarmas have the edge over doner kebabs but they have to be proper arabic shawarmas as served in Wedding, Berlin. I'd eat a proper shawarma as a pre-breakfast pie treat.

You've lost me now. Doner/swawarma/patricksmarma - as long as it's lamb/full of tastiness/has some salad (I like kebaby salad)/chilli sauce/garlic/ yoghurt/etc...

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You've lost me now. Doner/swawarma/patricksmarma - as long as it's lamb/full of tastiness/has some salad (I like kebaby salad)/chilli sauce/garlic/ yoghurt/etc...

I'd walk past any kebab shop to get to a shawarma shop. The arabic garnishes are lighter and more flavoursome. I was introduced to the pleasures of shawarms in Berlin. They are the arabic equivalent of a doner kebab.

I'd walk past any kebab shop to get to a shawarma shop. The arabic garnishes are lighter and more flavoursome. I was introduced to the pleasures of shawarms in Berlin. They are the arabic equivalent of a doner kebab.

The kebab shop I was at last weekend has the best salad/garnish/sauce. I even found myself eating the salad and thinking "wow!"

Top Bottom