Don't read this...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru

Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture,
Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture!

Too late, you've read it.

I posted this on another bike forum and with 24 hours, 10 people had got a puncture. Let's see how many visits the p-fairy makes by this time tomorrow.

Mwahahahaha!

Ah, but how many get punctures on days you don't post entries like this? You theory is based on an N=1. Tsk tsk! :wacko::biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Maz said:
Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture, Puncture!

Too late, you've read it.

I posted this on another bike forum and with 24 hours, 10 people had got a puncture. Let's see how many visits the p-fairy makes by this time tomorrow.

Mwahahahaha!

Even if I do get one I will not tell you so your theory is already flawed :wacko:

biking_fox

Guru
If you're getting that many punctures, you should buy some new tires!

Yep n=1 sample failure, plus confirmation bias as people will report any puncture they've had in the last week+

Post is every day for a month, keeping track of how many new punctures are reported
The post a non-juju thread every day for a month, ditto keeping track
Then go back and re-post the juju post for another month

And you may have enough data to begin to start analysing effects seriously, however by then you'll have entered hedgecutting time, and you'll have to re-do for several more seasons in order to adjust fro that.

OP
OP
Maz

Maz

Guru
Well, err, yeah but err...it's futile being analytical with the unseen! Admit it, biker_fox, you are now fearful - and the p-fairy feeds on people's fears.

biking_fox said:
If you're getting that many punctures, you should buy some new tires!

Yep n=1 sample failure, plus confirmation bias as people will report any puncture they've had in the last week+

Post is every day for a month, keeping track of how many new punctures are reported
The post a non-juju thread every day for a month, ditto keeping track
Then go back and re-post the juju post for another month

And you may have enough data to begin to start analysing effects seriously, however by then you'll have entered hedgecutting time, and you'll have to re-do for several more seasons in order to adjust fro that.

Mmm. You'd probably want to remove the effects of weather, trends towards more puncture resistant tyres, global warming, and the number of pirates (apparently only real swashbuckling pirates will have an influence).

I also think you would find that just following Christmas the average weight of a cyclist will increase, so this will have to be taken into account as well........

:wacko:

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Did you not know that it's the person who types p**ct**e that gets one!

catwoman

I have recently invested in some allegedly p*ncture-resistant tyres. They are Schwalbe Marathon Plus. I'm hoping I will be less troubled now. :smile: What are other peoples experience of these tyres - were they worth it?

Plax

Guru
Since we are on the subject of the P**** fairy, what is thet stuff in a can that is supposed to repair them? I lug about a puncture repair kit and tyre levers etc. I've never changed a P***** before so if I did get one I'd probably not have the foggiest idea of where to start, would that can stuff be more idiot proof?

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Plax, it's not "if" you get a puncture. It's "WHEN". I strongly recommend practicing breaking down a tire and remounting it, in the comfort of your own kitchen, several times, just for practice. You might even try putting a couple of patches on an old tube. This is much easier than "learning" how to do it on a cold, rainy night. Get someone who knows how to do it to show you the first time. They can show you what to watch for, to avoid things like pinched tubes, rim-tape out of position, etc.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Plax said:
Since we are on the subject of the P**** fairy, what is thet stuff in a can that is supposed to repair them? I lug about a puncture repair kit and tyre levers etc. I've never changed a P***** before so if I did get one I'd probably not have the foggiest idea of where to start, would that can stuff be more idiot proof?

There is no real need to carry a full p******e kit. Just some levers and a couple of spare tubes. Once the tyre is off, remove the offending piece of glass or flint and put a new tube in and carry on. Repair the tube at your leisure somewhere dry. Have you ever tried to put a patch on a tube in the rain or when it's freezing cold?

Top Bottom