Don't think bad of me,but i microwaved a fly

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Since you seem so keen to confess... what exactly is your policy as regards spiders in your bathtub........

Speak up man!
While in the shower the other night i saw one of those spiders that look like a 'daddy long legs' without wings,climbing frantically to avoid the hot water. I immediately turned the water temp' down to medium and pointed the shower head away from the spider till it made it to safety.:angel:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
While in the shower the other night i saw one of those spiders that look like a 'daddy long legs' without wings,climbing frantically to avoid the hot water. I immediately turned the water temp' down to medium and pointed the shower head away from the spider till it made it to safety.:angel:

Ahh yes, sometime referred to as Cellar Spiders.

220px-Pholcus.phalangioides.6905.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pholcidae

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Interesting, i wonder if it was a harvestman spider...

View attachment 601798
Seeing as you can identify spiders Dave, can you identify different kinds of flies? I ask because there's one type that has a kind of metallic blue/green body that is particularly filthy! Even dirtier than a bluebottle!:ohmy: These things actually reach a dog dump before it hits the ground! They seem to have a system that alerts their species to such things and they all flock to such filth in a split second! These damned creatures are the lowest of the low!!🧐

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Seeing as you can identify spiders Dave, can you identify different kinds of flies? I ask because there's one type that has a kind of metallic blue/green body that is particularly filthy! Even dirtier than a bluebottle!:ohmy:

Might just be the Green Bottle.

Green_bottle_fly3.jpg

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Im no real expert on flies. But you do see them around dog mess a lot.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just looked up 'experts on house flies'. I didn't get a result,but i found this about how to get rid of them. What intrigues me is why does he have what looks like a rifle with a silencer attached in the corner of the room? :unsure:

there's one type that has a kind of metallic blue/green body that is particularly filthy! Even dirtier than a bluebottle!:ohmy: These things actually reach a dog dump before it hits the ground!

Good thing they're about, to be honest, or the streets'd be a foot deep in dog dirt, pigeon poo and worse in no time flat.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
There's a shot in Raiders of the Lost Ark toward the end where a fly clearly lands on Paul Freeman's mouth when Indy threatens to blow up the Ark. I'm sure he swallowed it!.

Top Bottom