Double kick stand for Velotech Street Machine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm in unknown territory here as I don't own a bent... asking for a friend... no really! :rolleyes:

My mate Derek's after a double kickstand for his street machine

liegerad-streetmachine-gte-untenlenker.jpg

He's added an electric assist so it's a bit front heavy, hence wanting a double rather than single stand for stability.

I've been searching Ebay on his behalf and there's plenty of options, but they all look like they'll need fettling on as they're made for more standard bikes.

Any advice would be welcome :smile:

The best position for a single or in your case a double stand is the centre frame mounted position .
The plot thickens .........….does your chum have the HP Velo central rack ??
If that's a yes ...…..Hurray !
You will find a welded plate with a large hole on the base ...the stands simply bolt on .
Now if you have that rack … it allows the battery to be fitted down below the seat in the best CofG position and avoids preloading the rear suspension . With improved handling as a bonus !
Avoid a rear mounted stand .....ok for garage and storage but prone to being blown over outside in gusty winds .
All the rack systems are availble new from HP Germany or their UK dealers (2) albeit at a price .
Hope that helps

OP
OP
MontyVeda

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The best position for a single or in your case a double stand is the centre frame mounted position .
The plot thickens .........….does your chum have the HP Velo central rack ??
If that's a yes ...…..Hurray !
You will find a welded plate with a large hole on the base ...the stands simply bolt on .
Now if you have that rack … it allows the battery to be fitted down below the seat in the best CofG position and avoids preloading the rear suspension . With improved handling as a bonus !
Avoid a rear mounted stand .....ok for garage and storage but prone to being blown over outside in gusty winds .
All the rack systems are availble new from HP Germany or their UK dealers (2) albeit at a price .
Hope that helps
Thank you. That's a great help. I was showing him the central rack today, but alas, he doesn't have one. However it does give him a good clear idea of a solution. He's a very capable bloke, I'm sure he'll fettle something... or just buy the rack and fit a stand easily.

Thanks again :smile:

Top Bottom