1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Down by the river...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fab Foodie, 18 Feb 2008.

1. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

With best bike at the LBS for Headset and BB, I persuaded my cycling pal, his Mrs and Mrs FF to go for a pedal along the river into Oxford for a beer.
    There was some kind of a regatta going on and all kinds of sunny loviliness to share (plus playing with Mrs FF's new Ixus).
    Enjoy!

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Very nice - know the route well and seems lovely weather for it!

Christ - remember a moment on that path on the way to Abingdon as it runs by the railway line - I was screaming down it at night once and suddenly saw a cow standing right in the middle of the path, slammed on the anchors and screeched to a halt a bare gnats pube from it. It just looked at me like cows do. My heart rate must have been well over 200bpm!

3. simonali

simonali Über Member

Is it a very small Ixus? The pics are tiny!

4. OP
    OP
    Fab Foodie

I can do bigger (7MP), but my laptop only has M'soft Picture Manager and this is the biggest option I can upload on this site...unless anybody knows a better way?

5. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Er, you do know that they get bigger if you click on them don't you? ;)

6. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

.............said the actress to the Bishop?

7. Every time I look at this thread title that spiritual song 'down by the riverside' pops into my head. I wouldn't mind so much but it's a really cheesy jazz version. Bah

8. OP
    OP
    Fab Foodie

All together now...Down by the Riverside (down-by) Down by the river side...

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Get out.

You can come back in when you know what you've done wrong.

10. [clutches ears like in The Scream painting]
    Nnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh
    [/clutches ears like in The Scream painting]

11. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Noooo! re-wire brain immediately. Try Feels Like Rain by Buddy Guy. Nearly the same title as one line...

" Down hill the River meets the sea"

Don't youtube it - crap live version

12. Will1985

Will1985 Über Member

You should be able to shrink photos in Office Picture Manager....alternatively you could download a little tool off the microsoft website called Powertoys Image Resizer which does some default sizes at a click of the mouse: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

This is assuming you are using XP.

13. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Nice photos FF, reminds me of some of the good times I've spent in that area when I lived in Aylesbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

FFS why no fancy fotos la Femme FF in them?

Or does that need a special sign-in to a secret section of the cyclechat site??

15. simonali

simonali Über Member

Durr, yeah, but they still lickle!