downloading gpx route to garmin 200

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

okeydokey79

hi guys trying download the tour ride stoke stage to my garmin, i am aware that i download the gpx file off the website then drag and drop into new file on the garmin but when i download it off the tour website it saves it has a xml document not gpx file so when i try drag and drop its not creating the route? am i doing something wrong because never had any issuses using othe routes.
thanks

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
There is something wrong with the file. I tried it and it didn't work for me either so I ran it through EasyGPS which is able to sort out a lot of iffy GPX problems. I'll try uploading the fixed file for you ...

You should be able to see the file attached to this post!

Attachments

• TR_Stoke100.gpx
    201.3 KB · Views: 87

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Look at the route, plot on Garmin Connect, then export.

I normally use Bikely to initially plot the route then just copy it to Garmin. My routes are normally pretty basic though (I know my way around). I also use Google maps and Streetview to see anywhere which might be a problem and to memorize junctions, etc.

Tyke

Look at the route, plot on Garmin Connect, then export.

I normally use Bikely to initially plot the route then just copy it to Garmin. My routes are normally pretty basic though (I know my way around). I also use Google maps and Streetview to see anywhere which might be a problem and to memorize junctions, etc.
Agree with the use of Streetview it`s great for the junctions you feel like you know the place when you get there.

OP
OP
O

okeydokey79

There is something wrong with the file. I tried it and it didn't work for me either so I ran it through EasyGPS which is able to sort out a lot of iffy GPX problems. I'll try uploading the fixed file for you ...

You should be able to see the file attached to this post!
excellent managed download it so again thanks for that!!!!

Top Bottom